CF and webservice interaction question.

Nick

Hi all,
I am looking for help solving a problem that I can't seem to find a solution
to.

I have written a C# form that will run on my PDA (PPC 2002). That form is
communicating with my webservice running on a Windows 2000 server. The
webservice will launch a COM interface to interact with another application
on the system running the web service.

The problem I am looking to solve is the communication and rights. I need to
have a user provide credentials on the PDA which are forwarded to the
webservice(C# also). The webservice needs to validate the user, then launch
the COM process as the impersonated user(admin in this case), and then
return the results back to the PDA.

There is very little documentation that I can find regarding how to
accomplish this. Most recomendations suggest using the SOAP AuthHeader
required=true; parameter which does nothing since it will be removed in a
future release.

I realize that this question spans webservices and the .NET CF. I can't find
a solution or example that explains how to implement the functionality I
desire. Is it simply not possible? Or, can anyone point me to a good article
with examples? Ever since I removed anonymous access from IIS, my life
hasn't been the same ;)

Thanks in advance,
Nick