Change ASMX WS to WCF for exiting client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Saar Carmi, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. Saar Carmi

    Saar Carmi Guest

    Hi

    I hope this is the right group to ask this question (please advice
    otherwise)

    I have ASMX Web service and client which are already deployed to
    production.
    I want to switch my WS to WCF.

    It looks like the basic http binding generates a different structure
    of WSDL.
    Is there a way to switch to WCF without breaking the exiting clients?
    I don't have an option to redeploy the clients.
    I guess that the WCF's WSDL output has to be the same in order to
    support it.

    Thanks
    Saar

    Saar Carmi, Oct 6, 2007

  2. Hello Saar,

    have u tried to generate the new service reference for the WCF service and
    subsitute current reference to the new one?

    and changing the web.config

    ---
    WBR,

    Michael Nemtsev, MVP, Oct 6, 2007