    in the CSS standard maybe there are other ways to achive the same thing?).

    Regards
    /Hans

    Hans, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Hans

    rf Guest

    Hans wrote:

    > Is it possible to change the color of scrollbars in Mozilla browsers?

    No. Why would you want to?

    > In IE
    > I can change the outlook of the scrollbars with:

    <snip CSS>

    Yes, well this is a microsoft invention, not supported by either the
    standards nor other browsers.

    > These does not seems to work on Mozilla (Netscape 7.1)

    Correct.

    > (so I guess it is not
    > in the CSS standard

    Did you check?
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/

    > maybe there are other ways to achive the same thing?).

    No, thankfully there are not. Do not attempt to fiddle with your viewers UA.
    You will confuse her.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Hans

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Hans wrote:

    > Is it possible to change the color of scrollbars in Mozilla browsers?

    Yes:
    View > Apply Theme > Get New Themes

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Hans

    jake Guest

    In message <iEV%c.24612$>, rf
    <rf@?.invalid> writes
    >Hans wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to change the color of scrollbars in Mozilla browsers?

    >No. Why would you want to?

    To enhance your viewing experience, of course.

    [snip]

    --
    Jake

    jake, Sep 9, 2004
  5. jake wrote:
    > In message <iEV%c.24612$>, rf
    > <rf@?.invalid> writes
    >
    >> Hans wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it possible to change the color of scrollbars in Mozilla browsers?

    >> No. Why would you want to?
    >>

    > To enhance your viewing experience, of course.

    Would you want a road to change the color of your car's steering wheel
    without asking permission?

    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 9, 2004
  6. Hans

    Els Guest

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Would you want a road to change the color of your car's
    > steering wheel without asking permission?

    I think that would be really cool actually, spooky, but cool
    <bg>

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 9, 2004
  7. Hans

    Neal Guest

    On 9 Sep 2004 21:58:18 GMT, Els <> wrote:

    > Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >
    >> Would you want a road to change the color of your car's
    >> steering wheel without asking permission?

    > I think that would be really cool actually, spooky, but cool
    > <bg>

    You are nuts, you know that?

    Neal, Sep 9, 2004
  8. Hans

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:32:22 +0200, Hans <> declared in
    alt.html:

    > Is it possible to change the color of scrollbars in Mozilla browsers?

    Only your own. Luckily there is no way for you to change the colour of
    my scroll bars (short of coming here and fiddling with my settings).

    > In IE
    > I can change the outlook of the scrollbars with:

    <snip proprietary MS crap>

    I know - annoying, isn't it?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Sep 10, 2004
  9. Hans

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "Hans" <> wrote in news:chp825$peg$:

    > Is it possible to change the color of scrollbars in Mozilla browsers?

    What is the purpose of your Web site? How does profaning the scroll bar
    help achieve this purpose?

    Sam Hughes, Sep 10, 2004
  10. Hans

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Spake Els unto thee:

    > I think that would be really cool actually, spooky, but cool
    > <bg>

    But where would it stop? Soon there would be animated potholes and people
    trying to force extra coloured lines on the road where no coloured lines
    should be. Of course, you can use your own custom driver's license to
    override the above, but how many drivers would know about that feature?

    --
    Dylan Parry
    http://webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

    Listening to: Rush - Losing It

    Dylan Parry, Sep 10, 2004
  11. Hans

    Els Guest

    Neal wrote:

    > On 9 Sep 2004 21:58:18 GMT, Els <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >>
    >>> Would you want a road to change the color of your car's
    >>> steering wheel without asking permission?

    >> I think that would be really cool actually, spooky, but
    >> cool <bg>

    > You are nuts, you know that?

    I think so, yes. Have been told before <g>

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Sep 10, 2004
  12. Hans

    Els Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Spake Els unto thee:
    >
    >> I think that would be really cool actually, spooky, but
    >> cool <bg>

    > But where would it stop? Soon there would be animated
    > potholes

    Reminds me of Roger Rabbit...

    > and people trying to force extra coloured lines on
    > the road where no coloured lines should be.

    No, no, can't have that. The Steering Wheel Colouring is cool,
    but indeed, where does it end.

    > Of course, you
    > can use your own custom driver's license to override the
    > above, but how many drivers would know about that feature?

    Well... I actually think most drivers, with or without license,
    custom or not custom made, knowingly or not having a clue...
    would "over-ride" that feature...

    It's in the nature of the car I suppose...
    <g>

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Sep 10, 2004
  13. Hans

    Hans Guest

    Hi Sam!

    "Sam Hughes" <> wrote in message
    > "Hans" <> wrote in news:chp825$peg$:
    >
    > > Is it possible to change the color of scrollbars in Mozilla browsers?

    > What is the purpose of your Web site? How does profaning the scroll bar
    > help achieve this purpose?

    The web site is an inhouse (not public) site and the reason that I want to
    change the colour of the scrollbars (for example in textareas) is because I
    think they don't look nice (NN7.1 with "default" theme). Of course that is
    my opinion and you may say that it is up to the user to apply a theme and
    that is cool for you that are more or less professionals when it comes to
    html/browser stuff. 99% of my users cannot spell to themes and definitely
    don't know how to change them and as far as I know if you select a theme the
    scrollbars will look the same on every page, which in many cases is good but
    in my case it looks odd (the "default" grey scrollbars is not good looking
    right now and I want a more discrete colour). In many cases it is good to
    have the grey scorllbars and I have no problems with them in the right
    border of the page but when they are presented in the middle of the page (in
    textareas for example) it does not look nice to me (you may argue about this
    but this is my opinion). I don't think there is much difference in setting
    the scrollbar colours then changing the color for a text to red. Should the
    user override this by saying I want all texts to be black?

    Well I have received the answer that it is not possible to override the
    scrollbars (more than applying another theme) so there is not much more to
    discuss. Thank you all for you input.

    Regards
    /Hans

    Hans, Sep 10, 2004
  14. Hans

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Spake Els unto thee:

    > It's in the nature of the car I suppose...
    > <g>

    Ah yes, but the problem would arise when the coloured lines on the road,
    and indeed the colour of the steering wheels, were interpreted differently
    by Volvos and Fords. Which brings us back on-topic, as one cannot rely on
    a subset of non-standard features being present across browsers.

    Dylan Parry, Sep 10, 2004
  15. Hans

    Els Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Spake Els unto thee:
    >
    >> It's in the nature of the car I suppose...
    >> <g>

    > Ah yes, but the problem would arise when the coloured lines
    > on the road, and indeed the colour of the steering wheels,
    > were interpreted differently by Volvos and Fords. Which
    > brings us back on-topic, as one cannot rely on a subset of
    > non-standard features being present across browsers.

    Agreed :)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Sep 10, 2004
  16. Hans

    jake Guest

    In message <>, Leif K-Brooks
    <> writes
    >jake wrote:
    >> In message <iEV%c.24612$>, rf
    >><rf@?.invalid> writes

    >>> No. Why would you want to?
    >>>

    >> To enhance your viewing experience, of course.

    >Would you want a road to change the color of your car's steering wheel
    >without asking permission?

    And just how would the road do that?

    regards.

    --
    Jake

    jake, Sep 10, 2004
  17. Hans

    Chris Morris Guest

    jake <> writes:
    > In message <>, Leif K-Brooks
    > <> writes
    > > Would you want a road to change the color of your car's steering
    > > wheel without asking permission?

    > And just how would the road do that?

    Colour LCD display on the surface of the steering wheel, picking up
    radio signals for the colour codes from transmitters along the road.

    Not yet implemented.

    --
    Chris

    Chris Morris, Sep 10, 2004
  18. Hans

    jake Guest

    In message <>, Chris Morris
    <> writes
    >jake <> writes:
    >> In message <>, Leif K-Brooks
    >> <> writes
    >> > Would you want a road to change the color of your car's steering
    >> > wheel without asking permission?

    >> And just how would the road do that?

    >Colour LCD display on the surface of the steering wheel, picking up
    >radio signals for the colour codes from transmitters along the road.
    >
    >Not yet implemented.

    Hmmmmm ......... sounds worth waiting for ......

    regards.
    --
    Jake

    jake, Sep 10, 2004
  19. Hans

    Neal Guest

    On 10 Sep 2004 15:58:13 +0100, Chris Morris <>
    wrote:

    > jake <> writes:
    >> In message <>, Leif K-Brooks
    >> <> writes
    >> > Would you want a road to change the color of your car's steering
    >> > wheel without asking permission?

    >> And just how would the road do that?

    > Colour LCD display on the surface of the steering wheel, picking up
    > radio signals for the colour codes from transmitters along the road.
    >
    > Not yet implemented.

    Won't work on my car anyway, it's the wrong model.

    Neal, Sep 10, 2004
  20. Chris Morris wrote:
    > jake <> writes:
    >> In message <>, Leif K-Brooks
    >> <> writes
    >> > Would you want a road to change the color of your car's steering
    >> > wheel without asking permission?

    >> And just how would the road do that?

    > Colour LCD display on the surface of the steering wheel, picking up
    > radio signals for the colour codes from transmitters along the road.

    > Not yet implemented.

    Next: Those transmitters feed the display text ads that "marquee"
    around the wheel.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue