filter:chroma messes up the whole page?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Binba, Jul 5, 2007.

  1. Binba

    Binba Guest

    I'm trying to apply transparency to some elements in my scrollbars,
    and according to what they say on this World Wide Web thingy, CSS
    filter:chroma is the way to do it.
    Problem is, whenever I add this declaration, it ruins all the text in
    the page, as if trying to apply alpha transparency to the text or
    something.

    It's easy with examples.
    Without: http://www.coffeemovie.info/misc/Coffee0.png
    And with: http://www.coffeemovie.info/misc/Coffee1.png

    This is the relevant block from my stylesheet:

    div#content {
    position: absolute; left: 170px; top: 30px; width: 615px; height:
    450px; text-align: left; overflow: auto; padding-right: 20px;
    filter:chroma(color=#FEFEFE);
    scrollbar-3dlight-color:;
    scrollbar-arrow-color:#8B4513;
    scrollbar-base-color:;
    scrollbar-track-color:#FEFEFE;
    scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#8B4513;
    scrollbar-face-color:#DEB887;
    scrollbar-highlight-color:;
    scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000}
    }

    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

    Binba, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Binba

    rf Guest

    "Binba" <> wrote in message

    > I'm trying to apply transparency to some elements in my scrollbars,

    Why? They are my scrollbars, not yours :)

    > It's easy with examples.
    > Without: http://www.coffeemovie.info/misc/Coffee0.png
    > And with: http://www.coffeemovie.info/misc/Coffee1.png

    These are not examples. These are images, without any evidence of
    scrollbars.

    > This is the relevant block from my stylesheet:
    >
    > div#content {
    > position: absolute; left: 170px; top: 30px; width: 615px; height:
    > 450px; text-align: left; overflow: auto; padding-right: 20px;
    > filter:chroma(color=#FEFEFE);

    The above line has nothing to do with scrollbars. It has to do with what the
    selector selects, that is your div that has an id of 'content'. Plus, it's
    an Microsoft only thing IIRC.

    > scrollbar-3dlight-color:;
    > scrollbar-arrow-color:#8B4513;
    > scrollbar-base-color:;
    > scrollbar-track-color:#FEFEFE;
    > scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#8B4513;
    > scrollbar-face-color:#DEB887;
    > scrollbar-highlight-color:;
    > scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000}

    All of the above is Microsoft only stuff and will not work with other
    browsers.

    > Any ideas?

    Don't ?

    You appear to be trying to emulate frames. Don't do this. It has serious
    accessibility and usability problems. Plus, the way you are doing this will
    break in interesting ways.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 5, 2007