filter:chroma messes up the whole page?

Binba

I'm trying to apply transparency to some elements in my scrollbars,
and according to what they say on this World Wide Web thingy, CSS
filter:chroma is the way to do it.
Problem is, whenever I add this declaration, it ruins all the text in
the page, as if trying to apply alpha transparency to the text or
something.

It's easy with examples.
Without: http://www.coffeemovie.info/misc/Coffee0.png
And with: http://www.coffeemovie.info/misc/Coffee1.png

This is the relevant block from my stylesheet:

div#content {
position: absolute; left: 170px; top: 30px; width: 615px; height:
450px; text-align: left; overflow: auto; padding-right: 20px;
filter:chroma(color=#FEFEFE);
scrollbar-3dlight-color:;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#8B4513;
scrollbar-base-color:;
scrollbar-track-color:#FEFEFE;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#8B4513;
scrollbar-face-color:#DEB887;
scrollbar-highlight-color:;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000}
}

Any ideas?
Thanks!

rf

I'm trying to apply transparency to some elements in my scrollbars,

Why? They are my scrollbars, not yours :)

These are not examples. These are images, without any evidence of
scrollbars.
This is the relevant block from my stylesheet:

div#content {
position: absolute; left: 170px; top: 30px; width: 615px; height:
450px; text-align: left; overflow: auto; padding-right: 20px;
filter:chroma(color=#FEFEFE);

The above line has nothing to do with scrollbars. It has to do with what the
selector selects, that is your div that has an id of 'content'. Plus, it's
an Microsoft only thing IIRC.
scrollbar-3dlight-color:;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#8B4513;
scrollbar-base-color:;
scrollbar-track-color:#FEFEFE;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#8B4513;
scrollbar-face-color:#DEB887;
scrollbar-highlight-color:;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000}

All of the above is Microsoft only stuff and will not work with other
browsers.
Any ideas?

Don't ?

You appear to be trying to emulate frames. Don't do this. It has serious
accessibility and usability problems. Plus, the way you are doing this will
break in interesting ways.