    richard Guest

    Is it possible in html or javascript somehow to create a circular shaped
    division?

    richard, Oct 7, 2009

  2. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > Is it possible in html or javascript somehow to create a circular shaped
    > division?

    Not for nothing is it called the Box Model. <g>

    Talking of round things, here is a queer thing. In FF the red dot does
    not show up from my server, but does from non-home-server view on local
    machine. In Opera, the browser is like an over cautious sheepdog and
    keeps the text penned up as close to the circle as possible. Safari and
    iCab (and MacIE) are what I was expecting more. God knows what WinIE
    does.

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/circle.html>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 7, 2009

  3. richard

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 06 Oct 2009, richard <> wrote:

    > Is it possible in html or javascript somehow to create a circular
    > shaped division?

    No, but with overlaid concave cornerpiece images the effect may be
    created.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Oct 7, 2009
  4. richard

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Nik Coughlin, Oct 7, 2009
  5. richard

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 07 Oct 2009, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:

    > "Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    >> On 06 Oct 2009, richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it possible in html or javascript somehow to create a circular
    >>> shaped division?

    >> No, but with overlaid concave cornerpiece images the effect may be
    >> created.

    > And additionally you can sort of use Meyer's slantastic to sort of
    > make the text flow properly within the circle:
    >
    > http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/slantastic/demo.html
    > http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/slantastic/demo2.html

    Wow, I never imagined anything like that could be done short of svg!
    It's perfectly smooth on my display in both ff 3.5 and ie8. I'll have
    to dig into the styles a bit to get a real "feel" for it.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Oct 7, 2009