Client-side validation in ASP.NET 2.0

Guest

Are modern browsers, except IE, supported in ASP.NET 2.0?
I read in some article that ASP.NET 2.0 will support client-side validation
not only in IE but other modern non-Microsoft browsers (Mozilla, Netscape,
Opera...) but I can't find confirmation anywhere. Can enybody give me more
information or post a link?
Thanks in advance

Peter Blum

Microsoft has only announced these two enhancements to the validators.
1. Validation groups - a submit button can fire a select group of validators
instead of all of them on the page
2. Focus can be set back to the control with the error.

DOM support (Mozilla, FireFox, Safari, Konquerer, etc) is an important
feature that users are often not aware is missing. I built a replacement to
their validators that supports DOM and DHTML browsers ("Professional
Validation And More" http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx). It is far more
extensive of a validation system as there are many more rules and ways to
communicate to your users.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)