    Do i have to make something special to make it work or the problem is
    still present in 2.0 ?

    Thanks you
    Andre, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Andre

    Jon Paal Guest

    so far, 2.0 client side validation in Firefox works for me...

    nothing special required .
    Jon Paal, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Andre

    Jacky Kwok Guest

    Andre wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have read at many place that .Net 2.0 was suppose to support
    > client-side validation in non-IE Browser. But i've try a very simple
    > validation, and firefox is unable to run it, it works only in IE.
    >
    > Do i have to make something special to make it work or the problem is
    > still present in 2.0 ?
    >
    > Thanks you

    What version of FireFox you are using?

    I use teh firefox1.5 , it is Ok to use client-side validation for
    dotnet2 webapp.

    However, for Dotnet1.x app (run in dotnet1.x aspnet system), it does not
    use client-side validation in firefox.

    In fact, for Dotnet1.x app, the problem is 1.x runtime does not consider
    Firefox has the ability to handle high level web function (e.g. inline
    style, etc). Hence, Dotnet1.x runtime will output html3.x code to non-IE
    browser.

    However, you can force the dotnet1.x runtime to output IE5 compatible
    HTML by adding

    "Page.ClientTarget="ie5";"
    in "Page_Load" event.

    --
    Jacky Kwok
    jacky@alumni_DOT_cuhk_DOT_edu_DOT_hk
    Jacky Kwok, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Andre

    Andre Guest

    I'm using FF1.5 with DotNet 2.0 and nothing to do.. it's not working !!

    %23p34uG6%...

    Andre, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Andre

    Andre Guest

    I finally found the solution to my problem..

    My Apps was running with the 1.1 Framework instead of 2.0.
    I found here what to do to solve this.
    http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/.NET/net_asp/miscellaneous/article.php/c10879/

    Thank you.

    Oltmb02%...