comp.lang.java.programmer

blue indigo

Yes.

And ?

When I saw this, I thought "wtf?". Then I hit H and saw the crucial piece
of evidence:

If you don't reply to them, I don't see them.

I wouldn't have mentioned it, except that there's another thread where
some trolling Goggle Groper left a drive-by post and Lars Enderin replied.
That makes two occurrences in as many days.

DNFTT, please.

Thanks.

P.S. http://improve-usenet.org/

Arne Vajhøj

blue said:
When I saw this, I thought "wtf?". Then I hit H and saw the crucial piece
of evidence:

If you don't reply to them, I don't see them.

Many people use GG.

Lots of spammers and a few good people.

You are free to killfile GG if you prefer so, but do not
expect or ask others to do the same.
I wouldn't have mentioned it, except that there's another thread where
some trolling Goggle Groper left a drive-by post and Lars Enderin replied.
That makes two occurrences in as many days.

DNFTT, please.

I don't think the above is a troll.

Nothing trollish about it.

It looks more like someone that does not understand how cjlp works.

Arne

blue indigo

I don't think the above is a troll.

Nothing trollish about it.

It looks more like someone that does not understand how cjlp works.

It looks more like someone that does not understand how usenet works.

But if you think he can be educated and eventually contribute usefully,
you're welcome to try. :)

Me, I'm still waiting for October 1993 over here.

Andreas Leitgeb

blue indigo said:
Me, I'm still waiting for October 1993 over here.

Strange bug. Seems as if the passage between days and months was
somehow jammed. What a mess! It must take you at least 15 years
to get entirely cleaned up!

Good luck, and holding the thumbs for you that the passage from
months to years is not also clogged, or else you'd end up with a
yet unknown month name that no one will be able to understand.

blue indigo

Strange bug. Seems as if the passage between days and months was
somehow jammed. What a mess! It must take you at least 15 years
to get entirely cleaned up!

Good luck, and holding the thumbs for you that the passage from
months to years is not also clogged, or else you'd end up with a
yet unknown month name that no one will be able to understand.

*sigh*

Maybe it's time I accepted that this just isn't the same net I grew up on
back in the eighties and early nineties.

I've unkillfiled google groups, though I've kept certain gropers killfiled
and others scored down. I'll see if the netnews becomes unbearably clogged
with spam and trollage again and if narrower killfiles of specific gropers
suffice to make it bearable again.

"Bollywood sex world" gets the dubious honor of being the first of these.

Arne Vajhøj

blue said:
> I've unkillfiled google groups, though I've kept certain gropers killfiled
and others scored down. I'll see if the netnews becomes unbearably clogged
with spam and trollage again and if narrower killfiles of specific gropers
suffice to make it bearable again.

Andrew Thompson is frequently/always posting via GG and
his posts are worth reading !

Arne

blue indigo

Andrew Thompson is frequently/always posting via GG and
his posts are worth reading !

Yes, I noticed. I was sad to see him disappear when I decided to rid my
view of this newsgroup of a certain personage a bit more than a year ago.
Now I see his posts again, and he still is often posting useful stuff, I'm
glad to see.

Of course, I'm less glad to see a new post today in a thread on type
casting only to see you-know-who screaming about feedback loops or
something, using a google account I guess he hadn't created yet back when
I stopped killfiling him one account at a time and nuked gg, apparently in
response to an equally-OT post from someone still in my plonk bucket.

(Anyone want to lay odds he'll reply to this post within the day to tell
everyone that none of the things I said about him are remotely true? Even
though I didn't mention him by name?)

(Expect no more OT posts from me for a while.)

(ObJava: why doesn't Sun's Windows JRE have the -server option, but
Sun's JREs for many other platforms do? (And all the JDKs do.))

Jerry Gerrone

Andrew Thompson is frequently/always posting via GG and
his posts are worth reading !

Yes, I noticed. I was sad to see him disappear when I decided to rid my
view of this newsgroup of [implied insult deleted] a bit more than a year
ago.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
Of course, I'm less glad to see a new post today in a thread on type
casting only to see [insults deleted]