  1. Guest

    comp.lang.java.programmer

    , Jan 22, 2009

  2. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    wrote:
    > comp.lang.java.programmer

    Yes.

    And ?

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jan 22, 2009

  3. blue indigo Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:34:24 -0500, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> comp.lang.java.programmer

    > Yes.
    >
    > And ?

    When I saw this, I thought "wtf?". Then I hit H and saw the crucial piece
    of evidence:

    If you don't reply to them, I don't see them.

    I wouldn't have mentioned it, except that there's another thread where
    some trolling Goggle Groper left a drive-by post and Lars Enderin replied.
    That makes two occurrences in as many days.

    DNFTT, please.

    Thanks.

    P.S. http://improve-usenet.org/

    --
    blue indigo
    UA Telecom since 1987

    blue indigo, Jan 23, 2009
  4. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    blue indigo wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:34:24 -0500, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> comp.lang.java.programmer

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> And ?

    > When I saw this, I thought "wtf?". Then I hit H and saw the crucial piece
    > of evidence:

    > If you don't reply to them, I don't see them.

    Many people use GG.

    Lots of spammers and a few good people.

    You are free to killfile GG if you prefer so, but do not
    expect or ask others to do the same.

    > I wouldn't have mentioned it, except that there's another thread where
    > some trolling Goggle Groper left a drive-by post and Lars Enderin replied.
    > That makes two occurrences in as many days.
    >
    > DNFTT, please.

    I don't think the above is a troll.

    Nothing trollish about it.

    It looks more like someone that does not understand how cjlp works.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jan 23, 2009
  5. blue indigo Guest

    On Thu, 5623 Sep 1993 21:04:31 -0500, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    > blue indigo wrote:

    > I don't think the above is a troll.
    >
    > Nothing trollish about it.
    >
    > It looks more like someone that does not understand how cjlp works.

    It looks more like someone that does not understand how usenet works.

    But if you think he can be educated and eventually contribute usefully,
    you're welcome to try. :)

    Me, I'm still waiting for October 1993 over here.

    --
    blue indigo
    UA Telecom since 1987

    blue indigo, Jan 23, 2009
  6. Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> comp.lang.java.programmer

    > Yes.
    >
    > And ?

    My guess is that this message is a request to "subscribe" to this
    newsgroup.

    Mike Schilling, Jan 23, 2009
  7. blue indigo <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 5623 Sep 1993 21:04:31 -0500, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    > Me, I'm still waiting for October 1993 over here.

    Strange bug. Seems as if the passage between days and months was
    somehow jammed. What a mess! It must take you at least 15 years
    to get entirely cleaned up!

    Good luck, and holding the thumbs for you that the passage from
    months to years is not also clogged, or else you'd end up with a
    yet unknown month name that no one will be able to understand.

    Andreas Leitgeb, Jan 23, 2009
  8. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Mike Schilling wrote:
    > Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> comp.lang.java.programmer

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> And ?

    > My guess is that this message is a request to "subscribe" to this
    > newsgroup.

    Very plausible.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jan 24, 2009
  9. blue indigo Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:11:22 +0000, Andreas Leitgeb wrote:

    > blue indigo <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 5623 Sep 1993 21:04:31 -0500, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    >> Me, I'm still waiting for October 1993 over here.

    > Strange bug. Seems as if the passage between days and months was
    > somehow jammed. What a mess! It must take you at least 15 years
    > to get entirely cleaned up!
    >
    > Good luck, and holding the thumbs for you that the passage from
    > months to years is not also clogged, or else you'd end up with a
    > yet unknown month name that no one will be able to understand.

    *sigh*

    Maybe it's time I accepted that this just isn't the same net I grew up on
    back in the eighties and early nineties.

    I've unkillfiled google groups, though I've kept certain gropers killfiled
    and others scored down. I'll see if the netnews becomes unbearably clogged
    with spam and trollage again and if narrower killfiles of specific gropers
    suffice to make it bearable again.

    "Bollywood sex world" gets the dubious honor of being the first of these.

    --
    blue indigo
    UA Telecom since 1987

    blue indigo, Jan 27, 2009
  10. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    blue indigo wrote:
    > I've unkillfiled google groups, though I've kept certain gropers

    killfiled
    > and others scored down. I'll see if the netnews becomes unbearably clogged
    > with spam and trollage again and if narrower killfiles of specific gropers
    > suffice to make it bearable again.

    Andrew Thompson is frequently/always posting via GG and
    his posts are worth reading !

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jan 28, 2009
  11. blue indigo Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:42:42 -0500, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    > blue indigo wrote:
    > > I've unkillfiled google groups, though I've kept certain gropers

    > killfiled
    >> and others scored down. I'll see if the netnews becomes unbearably clogged
    >> with spam and trollage again and if narrower killfiles of specific gropers
    >> suffice to make it bearable again.

    > Andrew Thompson is frequently/always posting via GG and
    > his posts are worth reading !

    Yes, I noticed. I was sad to see him disappear when I decided to rid my
    view of this newsgroup of a certain personage a bit more than a year ago.
    Now I see his posts again, and he still is often posting useful stuff, I'm
    glad to see.

    Of course, I'm less glad to see a new post today in a thread on type
    casting only to see you-know-who screaming about feedback loops or
    something, using a google account I guess he hadn't created yet back when
    I stopped killfiling him one account at a time and nuked gg, apparently in
    response to an equally-OT post from someone still in my plonk bucket.

    (Anyone want to lay odds he'll reply to this post within the day to tell
    everyone that none of the things I said about him are remotely true? Even
    though I didn't mention him by name?)

    (Expect no more OT posts from me for a while.)

    (ObJava: why doesn't Sun's Windows JRE have the -server option, but
    Sun's JREs for many other platforms do? (And all the JDKs do.))

    --
    blue indigo
    UA Telecom since 1987

    blue indigo, Jan 28, 2009
  12. On Jan 28, 1:52 am, blue indigo
    <> wrote:
    > > Andrew Thompson is frequently/always posting via GG and
    > > his posts are worth reading !

    > Yes, I noticed. I was sad to see him disappear when I decided to rid my
    > view of this newsgroup of [implied insult deleted] a bit more than a year
    > ago.

    None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
    all true.

    Jerry Gerrone, Feb 3, 2009