Compile perl with GDBM_File?

Ryan

My version of Perl, 5.8.1, doesn't seem to have GDBM_File installed,
even though GDBM_File can only be retrieved from CPAN by downloading
perl 5.8.0 or perl 5.8.1. I believe it is not installed, though GDBM
is installed on my machine and was available during the compile. I'm
wondering if there are specific flags I need to pass to configure.gnu
to make sure GDBM support is compiled in. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Mike Hunter

My version of Perl, 5.8.1, doesn't seem to have GDBM_File installed,
even though GDBM_File can only be retrieved from CPAN by downloading
perl 5.8.0 or perl 5.8.1. I believe it is not installed, though GDBM
is installed on my machine and was available during the compile. I'm
wondering if there are specific flags I need to pass to configure.gnu
to make sure GDBM support is compiled in. Anyone know?

I went through a lot of crap with this also. If you're using freebsd, export
WITH_GDBM when you do a make in /usr/ports.

Why does freebsd exclude this by default? Is it some kind of licensing
problem?

Mike