Configuring IIS (5.1) for multiple web sites

Todd

Could someone help me find a tutorial (or perhaps instuct me) in the proper
way to configure IIS 5.1 so that I can design and test (using localhost)
multiple web sites. My problem arises when I try to debug ASPs that contain
virtual includes which assume that the ASP exists in the default web site.
Since my ASPs exist in subwebs within the default site rather than in the
default site, the included pages are not found and my ASPs return errors.
I'm sure there must be a better way to do this but so far I haven't found
one.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Todd

Ray at

You cannot host multiple sites on any desktop operating systems, i.e. NT
Workstation, 2000 Pro, or XP Pro. Only the versions of IIS on server
operating systems, i.e. NT Server, 2000 Server, Server 2003 support multiple
Web sites. Your options are to either get a test server and use that, or
change the home directory of your one and only Web site to whatever site
you're working on at the moment. Either that, or use file includes, but I'd
stick with the virtual includes, personally.

Ray at home

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Todd said:
Could someone help me find a tutorial (or perhaps instuct me) in the proper
way to configure IIS 5.1 so that I can design and test (using localhost)

Please don't multi-post! Answered in .iis ...

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Ray at said:
You cannot host multiple sites on any desktop operating systems, i.e. NT
Workstation, 2000 Pro, or XP Pro. Only the versions of IIS on server

I think he means FrontPage sub-web and not IIS virtual web site ...