convert wikipedia to html?

dt

I have looked at all the perl modules and code for getting wikipedia
data to html and I have found nothing that does that or nothing that
works.

the WebService-SimpleAPI-Wikipedia-0.01 does not seem to be a working
distro (perl Makefile.pl does not run)

is there an easy way to convert a WIKI page to html by querying the
site, keeping all the formatting?

anno4000

dt said:
I have looked at all the perl modules and code for getting wikipedia
data to html and I have found nothing that does that or nothing that
works.

the WebService-SimpleAPI-Wikipedia-0.01 does not seem to be a working
distro (perl Makefile.pl does not run)

is there an easy way to convert a WIKI page to html by querying the
site, keeping all the formatting?

Huh? It *is* html as it comes. Just save it.

Anno

dt

Huh? It *is* html as it comes. Just save it.

Anno

Wikipedia uses a custom format that is NOT html. I am not referring to
their page as browsed on the web, but from their backend API.

it needs to be converted to html/.

Xiong Changnian

dt said:
is there an easy way to convert a WIKI page to html by querying the
site, keeping all the formatting?

Um, this may not be what you want to hear, but why not just install
MediaWiki, the engine that drives Wikipedia in the first place? It's GPL
freeware.

You can hook into it from your script if you want to do something it
doesn't do. Meanwhile, you've got a complete install so you can do
anything you could if you were "at" WP itself. Be Jimbo!

If you just want to customize the way in which the HTML page is
composed, check out "skins".