    distro (perl Makefile.pl does not run)

    is there an easy way to convert a WIKI page to html by querying the
    site, keeping all the formatting?

    dt, Mar 4, 2007

  2. dt

    -berlin.de Guest

    dt <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > I have looked at all the perl modules and code for getting wikipedia
    > data to html and I have found nothing that does that or nothing that
    > works.
    >
    > the WebService-SimpleAPI-Wikipedia-0.01 does not seem to be a working
    > distro (perl Makefile.pl does not run)
    >
    > is there an easy way to convert a WIKI page to html by querying the
    > site, keeping all the formatting?

    Huh? It *is* html as it comes. Just save it.

    Anno

    -berlin.de, Mar 4, 2007

  3. dt

    dt Guest

    > Huh? It *is* html as it comes. Just save it.
    >
    > Anno

    Wikipedia uses a custom format that is NOT html. I am not referring to
    their page as browsed on the web, but from their backend API.

    it needs to be converted to html/.

    dt, Mar 6, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    "dt" <> wrote:

    > is there an easy way to convert a WIKI page to html by querying the
    > site, keeping all the formatting?

    Um, this may not be what you want to hear, but why not just install
    MediaWiki, the engine that drives Wikipedia in the first place? It's GPL
    freeware.

    You can hook into it from your script if you want to do something it
    doesn't do. Meanwhile, you've got a complete install so you can do
    anything you could if you were "at" WP itself. Be Jimbo!

    If you just want to customize the way in which the HTML page is
    composed, check out "skins".
    --
    Xiong Changnian
    xiong102ATxuefangDOTcom