Copying an entire solution

Framework fan

Hello.

If I created a .NET solution called say MySol, how can I make a copy
of this *entire* solution (project folders, files, everything) and
create a second copy of this somewhere else on my hard drive, so that
I can begin working on a radical change, while at the same time
leaving the original version untouched? (BTW, I'm not talking Visual
Source Safe here.) Is there a specific way of doing this please?
(I'm thinking that virtual directories will be one of my problems, as
well as folder paths inside the main solution file.)

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions,

-Frameworker.

Jim Brandley

What we do is create mapped drives inside our projects directory, then just
remap. We've been doing that for years, and everything works fine. For
example:

C:\Projects contains two subfolders, OldProject and NewProject.

Before loading the dev environment, run a batch file something like:
subst /d r:
subst r: C:\Projects\NewProject

Then make sure your projects and virtual directories refre to the R drive
path.

Framework fan

Thanks Jim.

Another way I just found is by simply editing the
<solution>.vbproj.webinfo file. If you've got in to a tangle with
source safe, just edit the <solution>.vbproj file as well.

-Frameworker.