copyright infringement by google

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 2, 2010.

  1. A question for an html guru:

    I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to
    do it only from html links on my site, and not directly
    thru links on a GOOGLE site. Is there a way of preventing
    such unauthorized download links from working? Hopefully, daveA

    --
    For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
    intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.
    http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html ::: plus new and
    better chord and arpeggio exercises. http://www.openguitar.com
     
    David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 2, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. David Raleigh Arnold

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 01 Mar 2010, David Raleigh Arnold <> wrote:

    > A question for an html guru:
    >
    > I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to
    > do it only from html links on my site, and not directly
    > thru links on a GOOGLE site. Is there a way of preventing
    > such unauthorized download links from working? Hopefully, daveA


    Not html, more like server-side scripting. Try, for example, a php
    group. It's pretty simple and I'd tell you myself but I don't feel
    like getting into the acrimonious long debate which would inevitably
    follow.

    --
    Neredbojias

    82nd Academy Award Predictions:

    Best Picture: Avatar
    Actor in a Leading Role: Jeff Bridges
    Actress in a Leading Role: Meryl Streep or Sandra Bullock
    Actor in a Supporting Role: Christopher Plummer
    Actress in a Supporting Role: Vera Farmiga or Maggie Gyllenhaal
    Director: James Cameron

    OK, I hedged on a couple, but there they are.

    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
     
    Neredbojias, Mar 2, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

    > A question for an html guru:


    It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.

    > I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to
    > do it only from html links on my site, and not directly
    > thru links on a GOOGLE site.


    You can shoot yourself in the foot that way (making it harder to people to
    download something you want to make downloadable) by changing the server
    behavior so that it checks for the REFERER header (in HTTP request headers).
    The way to do that depends on the server software and on what you can do on
    the server.

    It won't be foolproof of course - you would sometimes miss your foot because
    someone found out what you are doing and programmed his client software to
    send whatever REFERER header your server regards as OK.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
     
    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 2, 2010
    #3
  4. *partial* top post:

    First thank you all for your replies, which score very high on
    a usefulness scale.

    >> I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to do it only
    >> from html links on my site, and not directly thru links on a GOOGLE
    >> site. Is there a way of preventing such unauthorized download links
    >> from working? Hopefully, daveA
    >>
    >>

    > You could put the files in a password-protected directory on you server.


    I think I could do that.

    > And not link to those files anywhere else on pages that are able to be
    > indexed.


    Pages that are able to be indexed? Do you mean use robots.txt?

    > I have a few directories on my servers like that and they have
    > never been found by search engines.


    Sounds good. :)

    > Other than that you haven't given us enough to work with in terms of
    > your environment.


    I have just written html so far. I have web space on a linux server
    running apache which provides at least javascript and php, which
    languages I have never done anything with. My long suit is the site's
    content. I wrote the site in a text editor. I hope that doesn't sound
    too much like whining. Regards, daveA

    --
    For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
    intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.
    http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html ::: plus new and
    better chord and arpeggio exercises. http://www.openguitar.com
     
    David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 2, 2010
    #4
  5. On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:46:32 +0000, Neredbojias wrote:

    > On 01 Mar 2010, David Raleigh Arnold <> wrote:
    >
    >> A question for an html guru:
    >>
    >> I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to do it only
    >> from html links on my site, and not directly thru links on a GOOGLE
    >> site. Is there a way of preventing such unauthorized download links
    >> from working? Hopefully, daveA

    >
    > Not html, more like server-side scripting. Try, for example, a php
    > group. It's pretty simple and I'd tell you myself but I don't feel like
    > getting into the acrimonious long debate which would inevitably follow.


    Thanks.

    What, between php and javascript? I know the server (apache) provides
    both of those, I don't really know what else. What do you recommend?
    Regards, daveA

    --
    For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
    intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.
    http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html ::: plus new and
    better chord and arpeggio exercises. http://www.openguitar.com
     
    David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 2, 2010
    #5
  6. David Raleigh Arnold

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:06:37 GMT, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

    > A question for an html guru:
    >
    > I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to
    > do it only from html links on my site, and not directly
    > thru links on a GOOGLE site. Is there a way of preventing
    > such unauthorized download links from working? Hopefully, daveA


    Might be possible to do with htaccess. Ban the search engines from those
    pages.
    Or redirect them to your home page.
     
    richard, Mar 2, 2010
    #6
  7. On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:00:41 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >
    >> A question for an html guru:

    >
    > It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.


    Yes it does, because I am the owner and I say it does. It's that
    simple. They have no permission to link it, and I am deprived of the
    benefit of having content on my site and furthermore they are
    stealing bandwidth. They are leeches.

    >> I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to do it only
    >> from html links on my site, and not directly thru links on a GOOGLE
    >> site.

    >
    > You can shoot yourself in the foot that way (making it harder to people
    > to download something you want to make downloadable) by changing the
    > server behavior so that it checks for the REFERER header (in HTTP
    > request headers). The way to do that depends on the server software and
    > on what you can do on the server.
    >
    > It won't be foolproof of course - you would sometimes miss your foot
    > because someone found out what you are doing and programmed his client
    > software to send whatever REFERER header your server regards as OK.


    Thank you so much. I can't do anything on the server, so I must write
    a php script? or javascript? Regards, daveA

    --
    For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
    intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.
    http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html ::: plus new and
    better chord and arpeggio exercises. http://www.openguitar.com
     
    David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 2, 2010
    #7
  8. David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

    >> It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.

    >
    > Yes it does, because I am the owner and I say it does.


    Your opinions, feelings, and statements do not constitute copyright.
    Copyright is defined by laws, and you cannot extend its scope by your
    statements. Normal linking isn't a copyright matter any more than writing
    the name or the ISBN number of a book in an article or referring to a statue
    by its geographic coordinates.

    > Thank you so much. I can't do anything on the server, so I must write
    > a php script?


    PHP is server-side only.

    > or javascript?


    JavaScript can be used client-side too, but what do you expect to
    accomplish? How could JavaScript on a web page affect anything that happens
    between a client and a server at the HTTP level, without involving HTML the
    least? The client asks for a resource by URL, and the server returns or does
    not return a PDF document. There is no way you can affect this in HTML.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
     
    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 2, 2010
    #8
  9. David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:00:41 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >
    >> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >>
    >>> A question for an html guru:

    >> It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.

    >
    > Yes it does, because I am the owner and I say it does.


    Copyright is what copyright law says it is, not whatever someone who
    owns something declares it to be.

    What in your experience is the basis for your notion that you have
    dictatorial power over anything relating in any way to something you
    own? Do you think that you can paint a portrait, hold it up in public,
    and then sue people for looking at it without your permission--or for
    telling other people (this is more comparable to the providing of a
    link) that you're on such-and-such corner holding up the portrait?

    > It's that
    > simple. They have no permission to link it,


    They don't need your permission to link to it any more than they need
    your permission to list your phone number.

    > and I am deprived of the
    > benefit of having content on my site and furthermore they are
    > stealing bandwidth. They are leeches.


    It's your responsibility to keep something you don't want seen away from
    people's eyes.
     
    Harlan Messinger, Mar 2, 2010
    #9
  10. Harlan Messinger wrote:

    > They don't need your permission to link to it any more than they need
    > your permission to list your phone number.


    Actually, they need a permission to link _less_ than they may need to list a
    phone number, at least if it's a private phone number. Displaying a phone
    number on a web page may be construed (at least if you listen to the
    Commission and the Court of Justice of the European Union) as processing of
    personal data in a manner that normally requires permission from the persons
    involved. The address of a web resource is not personal data.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
     
    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 2, 2010
    #10
  11. David Raleigh Arnold

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Harlan Messinger <> wrote:

    > David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    > > On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:00:41 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > >
    > >> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> A question for an html guru:
    > >> It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.

    > >
    > > Yes it does, because I am the owner and I say it does.

    >
    > Copyright is what copyright law says it is, not whatever someone who
    > owns something declares it to be.
    >
    > What in your experience is the basis for your notion that you have
    > dictatorial power over anything relating in any way to something you
    > own? Do you think that you can paint a portrait, hold it up in public,
    > and then sue people for looking at it without your permission--or for
    > telling other people (this is more comparable to the providing of a
    > link) that you're on such-and-such corner holding up the portrait?
    >
    > > It's that
    > > simple. They have no permission to link it,

    >
    > They don't need your permission to link to it any more than they need
    > your permission to list your phone number.
    >
    > > and I am deprived of the
    > > benefit of having content on my site and furthermore they are
    > > stealing bandwidth. They are leeches.

    >
    > It's your responsibility to keep something you don't want seen away from
    > people's eyes.


    Usenet at its best. Here is a guy who, under God's Law, is
    rightly pissed off and now he comes here to be taken literally on
    everything he says as interpreted by Man's law.

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, Mar 2, 2010
    #11
  12. On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 09:54:00 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:06:37 GMT, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >
    >> A question for an html guru:
    >>
    >> I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to do it only
    >> from html links on my site, and not directly thru links on a GOOGLE
    >> site. Is there a way of preventing such unauthorized download links
    >> from working? Hopefully, daveA

    >
    > Might be possible to do with htaccess. Ban the search engines from those
    > pages.
    > Or redirect them to your home page.


    Thanks. I'll have to check whether the server owner will allow
    ..htaccess. A bit of password rigmarole might do the trick too. I'm
    just starting. There seem to be ways, even for the mere webmaster,
    but choosing the best way is much harder than I thought it would be.

    I was astounded to see that apache doesn't read all .htaccess
    files at startup. It is a never ending self-made problem
    that it has to load the information repeatedly, version after
    version! I'm sorry I read that. ;-)

    Regards, daveA

    --
    For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
    intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.
    http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html ::: plus new and
    better chord and arpeggio exercises. http://www.openguitar.com
     
    David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 3, 2010
    #12
  13. On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 07:32:15 +1100, dorayme wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Harlan Messinger <> wrote:
    >
    >> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >> > On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:00:41 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >>> A question for an html guru:
    >> >> It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.
    >> >
    >> > Yes it does, because I am the owner and I say it does.

    >>
    >> Copyright is what copyright law says it is, not whatever someone who
    >> owns something declares it to be.
    >>
    >> What in your experience is the basis for your notion that you have
    >> dictatorial power over anything relating in any way to something you
    >> own? Do you think that you can paint a portrait, hold it up in public,
    >> and then sue people for looking at it without your permission--or for
    >> telling other people (this is more comparable to the providing of a
    >> link) that you're on such-and-such corner holding up the portrait?
    >>
    >> > It's that
    >> > simple. They have no permission to link it,

    >>
    >> They don't need your permission to link to it any more than they need
    >> your permission to list your phone number.
    >>
    >> > and I am deprived of the
    >> > benefit of having content on my site and furthermore they are
    >> > stealing bandwidth. They are leeches.

    >>
    >> It's your responsibility to keep something you don't want seen away
    >> from people's eyes.

    >
    > Usenet at its best. Here is a guy who, under God's Law, is rightly
    > pissed off and now he comes here to be taken literally on everything he
    > says as interpreted by Man's law.


    Hey, thanks for that. I learned by reading a decision in I-forget-who
    vs. Palmer, Hughes, and the Alfred Music Company that the law is
    what the judge says it is, not what the experts or govt officials
    say it is. *If* leeching is legal now, it won't be forever.
    Regards, daveA

    --
    For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
    intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.
    http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html ::: plus new and
    better chord and arpeggio exercises. http://www.openguitar.com
     
    David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 3, 2010
    #13
  14. David Raleigh Arnold

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 2 Mar, 17:05, David Raleigh Arnold <> wrote:

    > > It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.

    >
    > Yes it does, because I am the owner and I say it does.


    No, no more than knowing your address makes me a burglar.

    If you want a law against linking, draft one and have your legislature
    enact it. This will be a different law to copyright.

    We've already gone through this situation. Copyright can't be applied
    to some forms of valuable commercial intellectual property, because no
    one could ever buy "Whizzo Bread" if we weren't allowed to use the
    name. So instead a separate branch of IP law, around trademarks and
    passing-off, has grown up as a complement to copyright. I can make and
    sell Whizzo Mousetraps, I can even open a grocers and sell the fine
    products of the Whizzo bakers for them, with a huge advert outside.
    What I can't do is start baking my own bread and selling it as Whizzo.
    Copyright doesn't apply, but there's a fine and learned branch of the
    law to appropriately safeguard something else, the value of product
    names.

    As to linking, then try a read of Lessig's book, "Code and other laws
    of cyberspace". Linking is good. Constraints on linking are bad. If
    you object (quite reasonably) to others retrieving content from your
    links, then it's incumbent upon you to use the many good "locks" out
    there to protect against this.
     
    Andy Dingley, Mar 3, 2010
    #14
  15. David Raleigh Arnold

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 2 Mar, 16:54, richard <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:06:37 GMT, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    > > A question for an html guru:


    <ROFL>
     
    Andy Dingley, Mar 3, 2010
    #15
  16. David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 07:32:15 +1100, dorayme wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> Harlan Messinger <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >>>> On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:00:41 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> A question for an html guru:
    >>>>> It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.
    >>>> Yes it does, because I am the owner and I say it does.
    >>> Copyright is what copyright law says it is, not whatever someone who
    >>> owns something declares it to be.
    >>>
    >>> What in your experience is the basis for your notion that you have
    >>> dictatorial power over anything relating in any way to something you
    >>> own? Do you think that you can paint a portrait, hold it up in public,
    >>> and then sue people for looking at it without your permission--or for
    >>> telling other people (this is more comparable to the providing of a
    >>> link) that you're on such-and-such corner holding up the portrait?
    >>>
    >>>> It's that
    >>>> simple. They have no permission to link it,
    >>> They don't need your permission to link to it any more than they need
    >>> your permission to list your phone number.
    >>>
    >>>> and I am deprived of the
    >>>> benefit of having content on my site and furthermore they are
    >>>> stealing bandwidth. They are leeches.
    >>> It's your responsibility to keep something you don't want seen away
    >>> from people's eyes.

    >> Usenet at its best. Here is a guy who, under God's Law, is rightly
    >> pissed off and now he comes here to be taken literally on everything he
    >> says as interpreted by Man's law.

    >
    > Hey, thanks for that. I learned by reading a decision in I-forget-who
    > vs. Palmer, Hughes, and the Alfred Music Company that the law is
    > what the judge says it is, not what the experts or govt officials
    > say it is.


    In most countries, what judges do is apply the law.

    > *If* leeching is legal now, it won't be forever.
    > Regards, daveA


    Good luck with your assumption that there is a mass of
    copyright-activist judges out there waiting for a chance to take up your
    cause. Indicating the location of a resource *that you have made
    publicly available* (which you have, by placing it on the World Wide
    Web), isn't leeching. Copyright is and always has been about reserving
    rights regarding *reproduction* of works. It's sheer fantasy for you to
    imagine that a judge would suddenly decide that copyright law prevents
    anyone from *reading* a work that its rightful owner *published on a
    publicly available resource like the World Wide Web*. It's as though a
    public lending library had bought a copy of a book you'd written and put
    it on the shelf, and you were to walk in and tell them they weren't
    allowed to lend it to anyone without your authorization. (Or maybe you
    think public libraries are leeches too.)

    You've joined a never-ending line of people on Usenet bellowing, "Yeah,
    you'll see" when they have no grounds for their pronouncements.
     
    Harlan Messinger, Mar 3, 2010
    #16
  17. David Raleigh Arnold

    David Segall Guest

    David Raleigh Arnold <> wrote:

    >A question for an html guru:
    >
    >I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to
    >do it only from html links on my site, and not directly
    >thru links on a GOOGLE site. Is there a way of preventing
    >such unauthorized download links from working?


    Change them regularly. I'm not an HTML guru so I may have missed a
    flaw in this technique. If you put your PDFs in a directory and change
    the name of the directory periodically only a dedicated fan of yours
    will spend the time required to link to them from their site.

    There is a flaw! If a "legitimate" visitor has saved a link it will
    fail. You could keep each directory and replace the original document
    with a document that directs the visitor to the page you want them to
    visit.
     
    David Segall, Mar 3, 2010
    #17
  18. David Raleigh Arnold

    Dylan Parry Guest

    On 02/03/2010 03:06, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    > A question for an html guru:
    >
    > I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to
    > do it only from html links on my site, and not directly
    > thru links on a GOOGLE site. Is there a way of preventing
    > such unauthorized download links from working? Hopefully, daveA


    Seems that everyone so far has missed the obvious answer: robots.txt.

    Create a text file called “robots.txt†and upload it to the root
    directory of your website (ie. the folder that contains your site’s
    index page). In that file put the following:

    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /folder-where-the-pdfs-are/

    This tells “spidersâ€, that is the programs that Google and other search
    engines use to find your site, not to look in the directory that you’ve
    listed.

    Simply change the second line to say where your PDF files are stored. So
    if they were at “http://example.com/resources/pdfs/…†you’d change the
    line to read “Disallow: /resources/pdfs/â€.

    What this solution does is merely stops the likes of Google from listing
    your PDFs in search results, and a knock-on effect of that is that no
    one will download them via Google but only from your site.

    --
    Dylan Parry
     
    Dylan Parry, Mar 3, 2010
    #18
  19. On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:06:37 +0000, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

    > A question for an html guru:
    >
    > I want people to download my pdf files, but I want them to do it only
    > from html links on my site, and not directly thru links on a GOOGLE
    > site. Is there a way of preventing such unauthorized download links
    > from working? Hopefully, daveA


    Thanks again for your help. I have something to chew on for now.
    I hope I can get back to you without prejudice. ;-)
    IMO this is an important topic to many, not just me.

    Stumbled on this, too:

    http://wordworx.com/

    Regards, daveA



    --
    For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
    intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.
    http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html ::: plus new and
    better chord and arpeggio exercises. http://www.openguitar.com
     
    David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 3, 2010
    #19
  20. On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:03:13 -0500, Harlan Messinger wrote:

    > David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >> On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 07:32:15 +1100, dorayme wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <>,
    >>> Harlan Messinger <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >>>>> On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:00:41 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> A question for an html guru:
    >>>>>> It's not an html issue, and linking does not infringe copyright.
    >>>>> Yes it does, because I am the owner and I say it does.
    >>>> Copyright is what copyright law says it is, not whatever someone who
    >>>> owns something declares it to be.
    >>>>
    >>>> What in your experience is the basis for your notion that you have
    >>>> dictatorial power over anything relating in any way to something you
    >>>> own? Do you think that you can paint a portrait, hold it up in
    >>>> public, and then sue people for looking at it without your
    >>>> permission--or for telling other people (this is more comparable to
    >>>> the providing of a link) that you're on such-and-such corner holding
    >>>> up the portrait?
    >>>>
    >>>>> It's that
    >>>>> simple. They have no permission to link it,
    >>>> They don't need your permission to link to it any more than they need
    >>>> your permission to list your phone number.
    >>>>
    >>>>> and I am deprived of the
    >>>>> benefit of having content on my site and furthermore they are
    >>>>> stealing bandwidth. They are leeches.
    >>>> It's your responsibility to keep something you don't want seen away
    >>>> from people's eyes.
    >>> Usenet at its best. Here is a guy who, under God's Law, is rightly
    >>> pissed off and now he comes here to be taken literally on everything
    >>> he says as interpreted by Man's law.

    >>
    >> Hey, thanks for that. I learned by reading a decision in I-forget-who
    >> vs. Palmer, Hughes, and the Alfred Music Company that the law is what
    >> the judge says it is, not what the experts or govt officials say it is.

    >
    > In most countries, what judges do is apply the law.
    >
    >> *If* leeching is legal now, it won't be forever. Regards, daveA

    >
    > Good luck with your assumption that there is a mass of
    > copyright-activist judges out there waiting for a chance to take up your
    > cause. Indicating the location of a resource *that you have made
    > publicly available* (which you have, by placing it on the World Wide
    > Web), isn't leeching. Copyright is and always has been about reserving
    > rights regarding *reproduction* of works. It's sheer fantasy for you to
    > imagine that a judge would suddenly decide that copyright law prevents
    > anyone from *reading* a work that its rightful owner *published on a
    > publicly available resource like the World Wide Web*. It's as though a
    > public lending library had bought a copy of a book you'd written and put
    > it on the shelf, and you were to walk in and tell them they weren't
    > allowed to lend it to anyone without your authorization. (Or maybe you
    > think public libraries are leeches too.)


    No doubt? It is as if the public library lent books by having people come
    into my home and take mine.

    I think you are wrong. I don't know the case law, but I'm not sure you
    do either. I have read a copyright decision, though. Have you?
    Regards, daveA

    --
    For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
    intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.
    http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html ::: plus new and
    better chord and arpeggio exercises. http://www.openguitar.com
     
    David Raleigh Arnold, Mar 3, 2010
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Bob
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    697
  2. Martin
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    397
    Martin
    Mar 3, 2004
  3. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    340
    Hunter Gratzner
    Oct 8, 2007
  4. Noob

    [OT] Copyright infringement != Theft

    Noob, Aug 2, 2011, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    291
  5. Noob

    [OT] Copyright infringement != Theft

    Noob, Aug 3, 2011, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    331
    Keith Thompson
    Aug 3, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page