Crystal Reports and Java

Gleb

I need to create Crystal Reports in PDF format on schedule. I know
that it is possible to run Crystal Reports from JSP, but I need
standalone Java app creating pdf reports. When I creating
JPEReportSource obejct "Report location is not specified in the
configuration file" error occurs. Did anyboby maanged to get Crystal
Reports working in standalone Java app? Thank you in advance.

Alex Molochnikov

I cannot help you with Crystal Reports, but if you are open to other
solutions, you can try Scribe (www.gestalt.com/Scribe; login: guest,
password: star). Scribe is a Java-based report generator that can create a
PDF report standalone, or as part of another application.

Alex Molochnikov
Gestalt Corporation

Gleb

Looks not bad, but unfortunately we've already created system on .NET,
sory for the M-word in this discussion :). And now we need same or
near the same functioanality on Java, primarily for Linux. That's why
we are interesting in Crystal.Although, apparenntly Crystal for pure
Java is not so good as for .NET :(.

Alex Molochnikov

It's a pity, since the Java-based solution like Scribe could be deployed
cross-platform. Anyway, good luck with your struggle against .NET/Crystal.

Alex.