Crystal Reports rendering errors upon deployment/migration

Shawna.Vacca

Our reports look fine locally on our workstations and on our
development test box. When we deploy to our integrated test
environment, parts of labels and fields are lopped off - on all
reports. The rightmost area of labels/fields are cut off, the second
line of column headers is cut off, and about 3 pixels off the top of
the page titles are cut off... just like someone cropped things at
random. Font sizes look a bit larger, but correct font style. The only
thing different [that we can detect so far] between the two
environments is different versions of MS SQL on the backend (Dev has
MS SQL 2005 and Test has 2000). Both use Crystal Reports Viewer 1.0.

At one point, totals stopped being calculated, too - just showed as
'0'.

We've installed/re-installed the viewer, re-deployed the app,
reset.... etc. .

Using .NET 1.1. The CrystalReports.Engine dll version used for
development is 9.1.5000.0.

Any ideas are most welcome.

bryanpgordon

Do the Integrated Test environments have the same printer as the PCs
that wrote the reports. Crystal Reports is heavily dependent on the
printer driver, and will try to render to the machine's "default local
printer" if it cannot find the original printer it was developed with.