<customErrors> set to Off - Still doesn't work

Guest

Hi:
Our ASP.NET webapplication works on our development webserver, but fails on
our production webserver - I
cannot get any detailed error information:

-It is an application
-Mode in <customErrors> is set to Off (case is correct)
-Cannot get any detailed error messages
-Both dev and prod servers appear to be configured
identically
-Tried many different combinations of permissions
including IUSR, Everyone, System, ASPNET, etc.

We have a very simple aspx page to try to load to eliminate
database connections, etc. but no luck.

I've searched this messageboard and tried some of the
suggestions, but no luck with that.

Can anyone offer some suggestions ? I'm stumped.

MWells

I'd try the most basic tests; a pure html page, and a pure aspx page with no
controls. Probably best to use a brand new project, to make sure you have
no major Web.config problems.

Note that you should be able to see the error if you browse the application
from the same machine it's running on. If you have direct access to the
webserver, launch a browser and see what the error message detail is.

Guest

If you want to see errors remotely you need to set remote errors to true in
the web.config.