Datagrid question

Guest

Hi. I've posted this at another discussion board(WebControls) and I was
wondering if anyone knows or could help me in the right path to solving my
problem. Thanks.

Henry

(Here is the original post)
-------------------------------------
I have a question regarding freeze header on datagrid when scrolling. I've
found this site
http://datawebcontrols.com/demos/ScrollableDataGridFixedHeader.aspx ; that
shows how to scroll and keep the header from moving. However, my question is
what if I have 15 columns which I now need to scroll not only vertically but
also horizontally as well. Is that possible with that sample or does anyone
know other samples that shows what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks.

John M Deal

I haven't tried this so take it how you will, but you might be able to
nest the whole thing from the article you referenced inside another div
whose height is set so that it will fit (without scrolling) the inner
div then give the outer div a css style of "overflow: auto". That
should allow the inner div to have the vertical scroll bars while the
outer grid only gets the vertical ones.

Auto means that only the scrolling that is necessary will be created and
because the inner fits vertically inside the outer div there shouldn't
be a reason to enable any but the horizontal scrollbars for it. You'll
have to play around with it a bit to see if it works the way you want it to.

Have A Better One!

John M Deal, MCP
Necessity Software