Datagrid : viewstate

Guest

Hello,

I already posted a question about a problem with a datagrid.
("Lost columns in datagrid", thanks for JohnH)
I dynamically create columns in a datagrid and the user selects lines
(column of checkbox created in Visual Studio) but the dynamics columns do
not exist any more.
I tried to use ViewState with the datagrid but I encounter problems of
serialisation.
So I use ViewState with my DataSet.
I use this method in order to find my columns by traversing DataSet
I find in another question in this NewsGroup that "Dynamic controls need to
be recreated on every postback.
". I think that is also the case for the columns created dynamically...

Can somebody assure me this point? Is this the only solution?

Thank you for your assistance.

JohnH

Reg - have a look at your original post, I added an update there
regarding ViewState and dynamic columns.

John H.

Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
loosing dynamic columns

hi i'm also having this problem, can someone point me in the direction of the original post?

thanks

simon