dde

Alessandro Crugnola *sephiroth*

Hi all
I would like to send dde messages to an application, but i don't know which messages it supports.
Is possible to do in some way or I absolutely need the api specifications?

ps. i can't find any documentation about dde module. is there a link?

tnks in advance
Alessandro

Tim Roberts

Alessandro Crugnola *sephiroth* said:
Hi all
I would like to send dde messages to an application, but i don't know which messages it supports.
Is possible to do in some way or I absolutely need the api specifications?

You need specs and/or examples. One of the biggest shortcomings of DDE is
that it is there is no way to ask an application what operations it
supports. Worse, there is no particular standard for the format of DDE
messages, so even if you know the function you want to perform, you can't
guess what the message and its parameters should be.

What DDE app are you trying to control?

Tim Roberts said:
You need specs and/or examples. One of the biggest shortcomings of DDE is
that it is there is no way to ask an application what operations it
supports. Worse, there is no particular standard for the format of DDE
messages, so even if you know the function you want to perform, you can't
guess what the message and its parameters should be.

I imagine.. thanks
What DDE app are you trying to control?

macromedia Flash

Tim Roberts

Alessandro Crugnola *sephiroth* said:
macromedia Flash

That's not an app, that's a file format. What app are you trying to
control? I would have guessed that a fancy app like Dreamweaver, for
example, would probably be controllable by COM, which is easy in Python.

Alessandro Crugnola *sephiroth*

That's not an app, that's a file format.

no, I mean Flash MX 2004. The app.