Debugging core java sdk classes - local variables

Halldor Isak Gylfason

Hello

I am using Idea as my development environment. They have a good
debugger, that I sometimes use to debug into the Java SDK classes in
rt.jar (e.g. String, Collection classes). The build of rt.jar does not
seem to include information on local variables, at least IDEA can not
displays values for the local variables.

Does someone know how to fix that? Does there exist a debug build of
rt.jar. I tried downloading the source relase of J2SDK, but building
that seems to be a fairly involved process, if all I need is a debug
build of rt.jar

Regards, Halldor