Debugging on SpringSource Toolsuite 2.7

geo_newbie

Hi

I have installed STS 2.7 and the first odd thing I noticed was the
breakpoints instead of a small blue dot .. it has a small blue dot
with a line thru it.
What does that mean?

The next thing I noticed was when running the program in debug mode
the program did not stop at the breakpoints but skipped merrily past.

(I think started STS 2.6 which behaved the same)

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

lewbloch

Hi

I have installed STS 2.7 and the first odd thing I noticed was the
breakpoints instead of a small blue dot .. it has a small blue dot
with a line thru it.
What does that mean?

The next thing I noticed was when running the program in debug mode
the program did not stop at the breakpoints but skipped merrily past.

(I think started STS 2.6 which behaved the same)

Anyone any ideas?

I am completely unfamiliar with that product, but it sounds like that
might be a symbol for a disabled breakpoint.

geo_newbie

I am completely unfamiliar with that product, but it sounds like that
might be a symbol for a disabled breakpoint.

hmmm well i installed java and STS again and it's all working okay.

if any else finds this problem it is probably worth mentioning that I
moved my (previous) java installation and that might have been the
cause.

(the reason I moved it is because it was in C:\program files\java
\jdk... and the space in "program file" was affecting another
application)

by the way thanks Lew for replying

lewbloch

geo_newbie said:
I am completely unfamiliar with that product, but it sounds like that
might be a symbol for a disabled breakpoint.

hmmm well i [sic] installed java [sic] and STS again and it's all working okay.

if any else finds this problem it is probably worth mentioning that I
moved my (previous) java [sic] installation and that might have been the
cause.

(the reason I moved it is because it was in C:\program files [sic]\java
\jdk... and the space in "program file" [sic] was affecting another
application)

by the way thanks Lew for replying

Thank you for posting your solution. Others very well might benefit
from that.

You should be more rigorous in how you spell things like proper nouns
and directory paths.