    (I think started STS 2.6 which behaved the same)

    Anyone any ideas?

    Thanks.
    geo_newbie, Jul 16, 2011

  2. geo_newbie

    lewbloch Guest

    On Jul 16, 7:22 am, geo_newbie <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have installed STS 2.7 and the first odd thing I noticed was the
    > breakpoints instead of a small blue dot .. it has a small blue dot
    > with a line thru it.
    > What does that mean?
    >
    > The next thing I noticed was when running the program in debug mode
    > the program did not stop at the breakpoints but skipped merrily past.
    >
    > (I think started STS 2.6 which behaved the same)
    >
    > Anyone any ideas?

    I am completely unfamiliar with that product, but it sounds like that
    might be a symbol for a disabled breakpoint.

    --
    Lew
    lewbloch, Jul 16, 2011

  3. geo_newbie

    geo_newbie Guest

    On Jul 16, 6:48 pm, lewbloch <> wrote:
    > On Jul 16, 7:22 am, geo_newbie <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi

    > > I have installed STS 2.7 and the first odd thing I noticed was the
    > > breakpoints instead of a small blue dot .. it has a small blue dot
    > > with a line thru it.
    > > What does that mean?

    > > The next thing I noticed was when running the program in debug mode
    > > the program did not stop at the breakpoints but skipped merrily past.

    > > (I think started STS 2.6 which behaved the same)

    > > Anyone any ideas?

    > I am completely unfamiliar with that product, but it sounds like that
    > might be a symbol for a disabled breakpoint.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    hmmm well i installed java and STS again and it's all working okay.

    if any else finds this problem it is probably worth mentioning that I
    moved my (previous) java installation and that might have been the
    cause.

    (the reason I moved it is because it was in C:\program files\java
    \jdk... and the space in "program file" was affecting another
    application)

    by the way thanks Lew for replying
    geo_newbie, Jul 16, 2011
  4. geo_newbie

    lewbloch Guest

    geo_newbie wrote:
    > lewbloch wrote:
    >> geo_newbie wrote:
    >>> I have installed STS 2.7 and the first odd thing I noticed was the
    >>> breakpoints instead of a small blue dot .. it has a small blue dot
    >>> with a line thru it.
    >>> What does that mean?

    >>> The next thing I noticed was when running the program in debug mode
    >>> the program did not stop at the breakpoints but skipped merrily past.

    >>> (I think started STS 2.6 which behaved the same)

    >>> Anyone any ideas?

    >> I am completely unfamiliar with that product, but it sounds like that
    >> might be a symbol for a disabled breakpoint.

    > hmmm well i [sic] installed java [sic] and STS again and it's all working okay.
    >
    > if any else finds this problem it is probably worth mentioning that I
    > moved my (previous) java [sic] installation and that might have been the
    > cause.
    >
    > (the reason I moved it is because it was in C:\program files [sic]\java
    > \jdk... and the space in "program file" [sic] was affecting another
    > application)
    >
    > by the way thanks Lew for replying

    Thank you for posting your solution. Others very well might benefit
    from that.

    You should be more rigorous in how you spell things like proper nouns
    and directory paths.

    --
    Lew
    lewbloch, Jul 17, 2011