Debugging problem in Win 2000 prof.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Johyson, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. Johyson

    Johyson Guest

    Hi,

    System Config:

    Win 2000 Prof.
    ..Net Framework 1.0

    I was working on an asp.net project and suddenly one morning after a
    restart of the system i started getting the following error:

    "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-
    error occurred on sending debug HTTP request."

    I have never installed any other versions of framework before or
    after. Also when i earlier installed it was .Net after IIS.

    What i checked to solve this:

    1. If IIS mapping for .aspx files have gone away suddenly. No, they
    are very much present.
    2. If the "Impersonate user after authentication" in local security
    policies have the aspnet account? yes, it has
    3. For the application what is the settings in the directory security
    tab in IIS -> it is Anonymous Access and Integrated Windows
    Authentication, both checked.
    4. Each and everyone in my system are already members of debugger
    users group

    What i tried to solve this:

    1. Try running the project in non-dubug mode. Got following error.
    " Server Application Unavailable...blah blah..". Got a fix from MS
    which is supposedly for XP, but still applied it. No change.

    2. Tried to remove the Anonymous Access in IIS(As per suggested in one
    of the posts). Got a new error
    "Error while trying to run a project: Unable to start debugging on the
    web
    server. Would you like to disable future
    attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project"

    I am really lost. I am in the middle of serious development and since
    last two days, i have been trying to solve this.

    Any help is greatly appreciated, for you might save some harsh words
    which i would have to hear.

    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Johyson, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Hi Johyson,

    I understand you.
    Even i faced the same problem as you are facing and found a lot difficulty
    in solving it.

    Check this links
    VS.NET debugging problems ( you should be able to solve your problem by
    reading this document )
    http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc

    http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FAQ/DebuggingProbleminASPNET.aspx

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306172