    BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer, Yahoo anti-popup script
    etc

    Bill
    Bill, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Bill <> scribbled the following:
    > Hello Programmers,
    > I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
    > to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers

    First of all, you're off-topic, second of all, I hope no one replies.
    Pop-up advertisements are scum.

    "How can we possibly use sex to get what we want? Sex IS what we want."
    - Dr. Frasier Crane
    Joona I Palaste, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Bill

    chaos Guest

    funny...

    chaos, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Bill

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Joona I Palaste <> wrote or quoted:
    > Bill <> scribbled the following:

    >> I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
    >> to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers

    > First of all, you're off-topic, second of all, I hope no one replies.
    > Pop-up advertisements are scum.

    I'm not sure it is *that* off-topic - since Java applets can pop-up their
    own windows - and can thus be used to defeat most pop-up stoppers that
    don't disable all Java applets.

    The fact that untrusted Java applets can wallpaper the user's desktop
    with mountains of garbage is lamentable - of course.
    --
    __________
    Tim Tyler, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Bill

    Mickey Segal Guest

    "Tim Tyler" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I'm not sure it is *that* off-topic - since Java applets can pop-up their
    > own windows - and can thus be used to defeat most pop-up stoppers that
    > don't disable all Java applets.

    Google has told me that the Google Toolbar's blocking of browser windows popped
    up from Java applets is a bug. More details at:
    http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window/
    http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window2/

    Google claims to distinguish between user-initiated pop-ups, which are allowed,
    and others, which are not allowed. I don't know how they plan to implement that
    for Java's showDocument.

    At the minimum Google needs to fix the bug whereby the yellow explosion warning
    cursor does not appear in a Frame (pop_window2 example).
    Mickey Segal, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Bill

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Mickey Segal <> wrote or quoted:
    > "Tim Tyler" <> wrote in message news:...

    >> I'm not sure it is *that* off-topic - since Java applets can pop-up their
    >> own windows - and can thus be used to defeat most pop-up stoppers that
    >> don't disable all Java applets.

    > Google has told me that the Google Toolbar's blocking of browser
    > windows popped up from Java applets is a bug. More details at:
    > http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window/
    > http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window2/

    Hah! ;-)

    More likely Sun's facility to pop-up windows is the bug.

    They are begging for black widow applets and advert attacks.

    If their technology is trodden on by anti-advertising measures,
    they have only themselves to blame.

    Untrusted Java and Javascript's ability to pop-up windows over the
    user's desktop provides the ability to launch DOS attacks on the user
    from a web page - and cause substantial irritation. These things
    are bad news.
    --
    __________
    Tim Tyler, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Bill

    Mickey Segal Guest

    "Tim Tyler" <> wrote in message news:...
    > More likely Sun's facility to pop-up windows is the bug.

    On further testing, the yellow explosion cursor is absent:
    http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window2/
    only using Microsoft's JVM, not Sun's JVM. But in both cases showDocument's
    effect is blocked.
    Mickey Segal, Nov 7, 2003