Defeating Popup Stoppers

Bill

Hello Programmers,
I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers

e.g It will bring up a window that will
LOOK like a Pop-up
FEEL like a Pop-up
Allow a name and e-mail entry
BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer, Yahoo anti-popup script
etc

Bill

Joona I Palaste

Bill said:
Hello Programmers,
I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers

First of all, you're off-topic, second of all, I hope no one replies.
Pop-up advertisements are scum.

Tim Tyler

Joona I Palaste said:
Bill <[email protected]> scribbled the following:

First of all, you're off-topic, second of all, I hope no one replies.
Pop-up advertisements are scum.

I'm not sure it is *that* off-topic - since Java applets can pop-up their
own windows - and can thus be used to defeat most pop-up stoppers that
don't disable all Java applets.

The fact that untrusted Java applets can wallpaper the user's desktop
with mountains of garbage is lamentable - of course.

Mickey Segal

Tim Tyler said:
I'm not sure it is *that* off-topic - since Java applets can pop-up their
own windows - and can thus be used to defeat most pop-up stoppers that
don't disable all Java applets.

Google has told me that the Google Toolbar's blocking of browser windows popped
up from Java applets is a bug. More details at:
http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window/
http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window2/

Google claims to distinguish between user-initiated pop-ups, which are allowed,
and others, which are not allowed. I don't know how they plan to implement that
for Java's showDocument.

At the minimum Google needs to fix the bug whereby the yellow explosion warning
cursor does not appear in a Frame (pop_window2 example).

Tim Tyler

Mickey Segal said:
Google has told me that the Google Toolbar's blocking of browser
windows popped up from Java applets is a bug. More details at:
http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window/
http://www.segal.org/java/pop_window2/

Hah! ;-)

More likely Sun's facility to pop-up windows is the bug.

They are begging for black widow applets and advert attacks.

If their technology is trodden on by anti-advertising measures,
they have only themselves to blame.

Untrusted Java and Javascript's ability to pop-up windows over the
user's desktop provides the ability to launch DOS attacks on the user
from a web page - and cause substantial irritation. These things
are bad news.