Deploy ASP.NET 2.0 Website File Not found

Guest

I upgraded an ASP.NET 1.1 website to ASP.NET 2.0. The site runs correctly on
my local machine. I published the website to the Web Server into a virtual
directory that I created. When I browse to the site, I am receive error 404,
"Page Not Found" even though Default.aspx file is there and designated as
default start page.
When I copy iisstart.htm to the root of the virtual directory the pagge
displays correctly.

Winista

There could be couple of reasons,

1. ASP.Net not installed properly. You may have to run aspnet_regiis script.
2. You developed app for .Net.2.0 but did not specify in IIS to use .Net 2.0
framework