Deploy Java Web Service on Tomcat

zhangyuewuliu

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a simple java web service on Tomcat. What I have
installed is JEE 5 and Tomcat 6.

What I did is created a temp.war file with all the classes file and
jaxrpc-ri.xml and web.xml. Then I used the wsdeploy tool to create a
deployable war file and put it under the tomcat webapps directory.

However, when Tomcat tries to start the web service, it complains the
service cannot be started. When I look at the tomcat log file, it says
"Error listenerStart". The generated web.xml file has the following
informtaion:

<listener-class>com.sun.xml.rpc.server.http.JAXRPCContextListener</
listener-class>

So I suspect it is because Tomcat cannot find the
JAXRPCContextListener class. However, I don't know how to fix it since
I am not sure which jar files I should includes in the Tomcat's class
path.

If you can help to solve the problem, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Twisted

I have exactly the same problem ! I'm with you ;)

Can somebody help us ?

With what?

You don't quote any of the original message. At GG (where I'm posting
this) your post appears right after the original post. OTOH, a read-
only NNTP server I use to check article propagation (and increasingly
to read news generally, just not to respond) has only a single "Re:
Deploy Java Web Service on Tomcat" article with what I quoted above
and nothing more. All by itself, it doesn't make any sense with no
context. Clearly your reply propagated to news servers that somehow
failed to receive the original. Nobody on any of those will be able to
help you, but if you'd quoted the original, they might have been able
to.