    application and i can browse web pages but service is not
    accessible....
    Does anyone know about it?

    Sadia, May 21, 2008

  2. Sadia

    Dave Miller Guest

    Sadia wrote:
    > I had developed webservice application in Netbeans IDE with Tomcat 6.0
    > and tested, it is working fine. Now when i try to deploy this
    > application in production server from Tomcat Mnager, it deploy the
    > application and i can browse web pages but service is not
    > accessible....
    > Does anyone know about it?

    What is the service and how is it accessed? Where in that process do the
    web pages fit?

    --
    Dave Miller
    Java Web Hosting at:

    Dave Miller, May 21, 2008

  3. Sadia

    Sadia Guest

    On May 21, 8:35 pm, Dave Miller <> wrote:
    > Sadia wrote:
    > > I had developed webservice application in Netbeans IDE with Tomcat 6.0
    > > and tested, it is working fine. Now when i try  to deploy this
    > > application in production server from Tomcat Mnager, it deploy the
    > > application and i can browse web pages but service is not
    > > accessible....
    > > Does anyone know about it?

    > What is the service and how is it accessed? Where in that process do the
    > web pages fit?
    >
    > --
    > Dave Miller
    > Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/

    Webservice is to be accessed by a .Net application using .wsdl link of
    the webservice. Things are quite fine on my developing machine because
    Netbeans automatically deploy application and i get .wsdl link when
    test webservice.

    But in production environment i am not having netbeans, only tomcat is
    there. and web link is running okay(e.g; http://localhost:8080/testApp)
    but when i try to see http://localhost:8080/testApp/myservice ,it
    shows nothing.

    Sadia, May 22, 2008
  4. Sadia

    Dave Miller Guest

    Sadia wrote:
    > On May 21, 8:35 pm, Dave Miller <> wrote:
    >> Sadia wrote:
    >>> I had developed webservice application in Netbeans IDE with Tomcat 6.0
    >>> and tested, it is working fine. Now when i try to deploy this
    >>> application in production server from Tomcat Mnager, it deploy the
    >>> application and i can browse web pages but service is not
    >>> accessible....
    >>> Does anyone know about it?

    >> What is the service and how is it accessed? Where in that process do the
    >> web pages fit?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave Miller
    >> Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/

    > Webservice is to be accessed by a .Net application using .wsdl link of
    > the webservice. Things are quite fine on my developing machine because
    > Netbeans automatically deploy application and i get .wsdl link when
    > test webservice.
    >
    > But in production environment i am not having netbeans, only tomcat is
    > there. and web link is running okay(e.g; http://localhost:8080/testApp)
    > but when i try to see http://localhost:8080/testApp/myservice ,it
    > shows nothing.

    You have an application server running in your development environment
    behind or with Tomcat. Have you duplicated all of the servers in the
    production or just run a base Tomcat?

    Dave Miller, May 22, 2008
  5. Sadia

    Sadia Guest

    On May 22, 10:21 am, Dave Miller <> wrote:
    > Sadia wrote:
    > >> What is the service and how is it accessed? Where in that process do the
    > >> web pages fit?

    > >> --
    > >> Dave Miller
    > >> Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/

    > > Webservice is to be accessed by a .Net application using .wsdl link of
    > > the webservice. Things are quite fine on my developing machine because
    > > Netbeans automatically deploy application and i get .wsdl link when
    > > test webservice.

    > > But in production environment i am not having netbeans, only tomcat is
    > > there. and web link is running okay(e.g;http://localhost:8080/testApp)
    > > but when i try to seehttp://localhost:8080/testApp/myservice,it
    > > shows nothing.

    > You have an application server running in your development environment
    > behind or with Tomcat. Have you duplicated all of the servers in the
    > production or just run a base Tomcat?
    >
    > --
    > Dave Miller
    > Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/- Hide quoted text -

    My application is running on tomcat only because in Netbeans we can
    select the required server by giving its complete path. The same
    tomcat version is installed on production environment. There are no
    multiple server things..

    Sadia, May 23, 2008
  6. Sadia

    Dave Miller Guest

    Sadia wrote:
    > On May 22, 10:21 am, Dave Miller <> wrote:
    >> Sadia wrote:
    >>> Webservice is to be accessed by a .Net application using .wsdl link of
    >>> the webservice. Things are quite fine on my developing machine because
    >>> Netbeans automatically deploy application and i get .wsdl link when
    >>> test webservice.
    >>> But in production environment i am not having netbeans, only tomcat is
    >>> there. and web link is running okay(e.g;http://localhost:8080/testApp)
    >>> but when i try to seehttp://localhost:8080/testApp/myservice,it
    >>> shows nothing.

    >> You have an application server running in your development environment
    >> behind or with Tomcat. Have you duplicated all of the servers in the
    >> production or just run a base Tomcat?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave Miller
    >> Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/- Hide quoted text -

    > My application is running on tomcat only because in Netbeans we can
    > select the required server by giving its complete path. The same
    > tomcat version is installed on production environment. There are no
    > multiple server things..

    Out of the box, Tomcat serves JSP, Servlets and static (HTML, etc.)
    content - any other functionality must be added. There are directions to
    the server or functionality available to it on the dev side that are
    missing from the production. You need to find what you haven't told
    Tomcat and / or add what's missing. Some places to look:

    Compare the web.xml files of the two Tomcats.
    Look at the /lib directories of Tomcat and of your host on both sides.
    On the production side, set logging to debug and then check catalina.out
    (Tomcat main log) to see if it tells you anything.
    Compare the server.xml files.
    Look at the jars available to the JVM on both sides (either in the path
    or in /lib/ext).

    Dave Miller, May 23, 2008
  7. Sadia

    Sadia Guest

    On May 23, 9:30 am, Dave Miller <> wrote:
    > Sadia wrote:
    > >> You have an application server running in your development environment
    > >> behind or with Tomcat. Have you duplicated all of the servers in the
    > >> production or just run a base Tomcat?

    > >> --
    > >> Dave Miller
    > >> Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/-Hide quoted text -

    > > My application is running on tomcat only because in Netbeans we can
    > > select the required server by giving its complete path. The same
    > > tomcat version is installed on production environment. There are no
    > > multiple server things..

    > Out of the box, Tomcat serves JSP, Servlets and static (HTML, etc.)
    > content - any other functionality must be added. There are directions to
    > the server or functionality available to it on the dev side that are
    > missing from the production. You need to find what you haven't told
    > Tomcat and / or add what's missing. Some places to look:
    >
    > Compare the web.xml files of the two Tomcats.
    > Look at the /lib directories of Tomcat and of your host on both sides.
    > On the production side, set logging to debug and then check catalina.out
    > (Tomcat main log) to see if it tells you anything.
    > Compare the server.xml files.
    > Look at the jars available to the JVM on both sides (either in the path
    > or in /lib/ext).
    >
    > --
    > Dave Miller
    > Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks Miller The problem was due to few custom jar files, i added
    these jar files in jre after tomcat installation, and did not
    restarted the tomcat server. (and tomcat was not able to find that
    files and giving error while opening service)
    My service is running on production environment as well.

    Sadia, May 24, 2008