Deploy webservice in Tomcat

Sadia

I had developed webservice application in Netbeans IDE with Tomcat 6.0
and tested, it is working fine. Now when i try to deploy this
application in production server from Tomcat Mnager, it deploy the
application and i can browse web pages but service is not
accessible....
Does anyone know about it?

Dave Miller

Sadia said:
I had developed webservice application in Netbeans IDE with Tomcat 6.0
and tested, it is working fine. Now when i try to deploy this
application in production server from Tomcat Mnager, it deploy the
application and i can browse web pages but service is not
accessible....
Does anyone know about it?
What is the service and how is it accessed? Where in that process do the
web pages fit?

Sadia

What is the service and how is it accessed? Where in that process do the
web pages fit?

Webservice is to be accessed by a .Net application using .wsdl link of
the webservice. Things are quite fine on my developing machine because
Netbeans automatically deploy application and i get .wsdl link when
test webservice.

But in production environment i am not having netbeans, only tomcat is
there. and web link is running okay(e.g; http://localhost:8080/testApp)
but when i try to see http://localhost:8080/testApp/myservice ,it
shows nothing.

Dave Miller

Sadia said:
Webservice is to be accessed by a .Net application using .wsdl link of
the webservice. Things are quite fine on my developing machine because
Netbeans automatically deploy application and i get .wsdl link when
test webservice.

But in production environment i am not having netbeans, only tomcat is
there. and web link is running okay(e.g; http://localhost:8080/testApp)
but when i try to see http://localhost:8080/testApp/myservice ,it
shows nothing.
You have an application server running in your development environment
behind or with Tomcat. Have you duplicated all of the servers in the
production or just run a base Tomcat?

Sadia

--
Dave Miller
Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/- Hide quoted text -

My application is running on tomcat only because in Netbeans we can
select the required server by giving its complete path. The same
tomcat version is installed on production environment. There are no
multiple server things..

Dave Miller

Sadia said:
My application is running on tomcat only because in Netbeans we can
select the required server by giving its complete path. The same
tomcat version is installed on production environment. There are no
multiple server things..

Out of the box, Tomcat serves JSP, Servlets and static (HTML, etc.)
content - any other functionality must be added. There are directions to
the server or functionality available to it on the dev side that are
missing from the production. You need to find what you haven't told
Tomcat and / or add what's missing. Some places to look:

Compare the web.xml files of the two Tomcats.
Look at the /lib directories of Tomcat and of your host on both sides.
On the production side, set logging to debug and then check catalina.out
(Tomcat main log) to see if it tells you anything.
Compare the server.xml files.
Look at the jars available to the JVM on both sides (either in the path
or in /lib/ext).

Sadia

Out of the box, Tomcat serves JSP, Servlets and static (HTML, etc.)
content - any other functionality must be added. There are directions to
the server or functionality available to it on the dev side that are
missing from the production. You need to find what you haven't told
Tomcat and / or add what's missing. Some places to look:

Compare the web.xml files of the two Tomcats.
Look at the /lib directories of Tomcat and of your host on both sides.
On the production side, set logging to debug and then check catalina.out
(Tomcat main log) to see if it tells you anything.
Compare the server.xml files.
Look at the jars available to the JVM on both sides (either in the path
or in /lib/ext).

--
Dave Miller
Java Web Hosting at:http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Miller The problem was due to few custom jar files, i added
these jar files in jre after tomcat installation, and did not
restarted the tomcat server. (and tomcat was not able to find that
files and giving error while opening service)
My service is running on production environment as well.