    Eclipse and or Maven 2 for example.

    Thanks in Advance,

    Stefanie
    Stefanie Ertheld, Jan 14, 2008

  2. On Jan 14, 11:25 am, Stefanie Ertheld <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am programming J2EE applications (using Spring MVC and so on),
    > which then have to be deployed on a Tomcatserver for testing -
    > which is REALLY time consuming (~1,5 minutes per build & deploy)
    >
    > To improve this process and to allow for a rapid development, I am
    > looking for the fastest possible way to test my application on a
    > (Tomcat) Server. The best would be a kind of "autorefresh" where the
    > sources get automatically compiled and redeployed - or at least a
    > soltution that requires as few was possible clicks or commandos - using
    > Eclipse and or Maven 2 for example.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    >
    > Stefanie

    Under Maven2, you can use the redeploy goal of tomcat plugin (mvn
    tomcat:redeploy) to rebuild and deploy the app.

    -cheers,
    Manish
    Manish Pandit, Jan 14, 2008

  3. Stefanie Ertheld

    Danjel Guest

    > > To improve this process and to allow for a rapid development, I am
    > > looking for the fastest possible way to test my application on a
    > > (Tomcat) Server. The best would be a kind of "autorefresh" where the

    I use the tomcatplugin from sysdeo. I even get debugging directly
    within tomcat.
    Normally we run our projects on jboss application server with the
    eclipse jboss IDE, but for testing tomcatplugin with some quirks to
    get the injection to work, works perfect

    regards
    /Danjel
    Danjel, Jan 21, 2008