Rapid deploy on Tomcat?

Stefanie Ertheld

Hi,

I am programming J2EE applications (using Spring MVC and so on),
which then have to be deployed on a Tomcatserver for testing -
which is REALLY time consuming (~1,5 minutes per build & deploy)

To improve this process and to allow for a rapid development, I am
looking for the fastest possible way to test my application on a
(Tomcat) Server. The best would be a kind of "autorefresh" where the
sources get automatically compiled and redeployed - or at least a
soltution that requires as few was possible clicks or commandos - using
Eclipse and or Maven 2 for example.

Thanks in Advance,

Stefanie

Manish Pandit

Hi,

I am programming J2EE applications (using Spring MVC and so on),
which then have to be deployed on a Tomcatserver for testing -
which is REALLY time consuming (~1,5 minutes per build & deploy)

To improve this process and to allow for a rapid development, I am
looking for the fastest possible way to test my application on a
(Tomcat) Server. The best would be a kind of "autorefresh" where the
sources get automatically compiled and redeployed - or at least a
soltution that requires as few was possible clicks or commandos - using
Eclipse and or Maven 2 for example.

Thanks in Advance,

Stefanie

Under Maven2, you can use the redeploy goal of tomcat plugin (mvn
tomcat:redeploy) to rebuild and deploy the app.

-cheers,
Manish

Danjel

To improve this process and to allow for a rapid development, I am
I use the tomcatplugin from sysdeo. I even get debugging directly
within tomcat.
Normally we run our projects on jboss application server with the
eclipse jboss IDE, but for testing tomcatplugin with some quirks to
get the injection to work, works perfect

regards
/Danjel