Detecting intranet ip's

Guest

hi,
We are trying to figure out a way of detecting any incoming http request, to
our ASP.NET 2.0 application, if it is coming from our internal network
(intranet) vs from outside of our network(internet). We can get the client
machine's ip from the http request, but is there any way of validating if the
ip is a intranet ip vs. an internet ip? Our intranet is pretty large, spans
over a WAN with multiple subdomains.
Any information/pointer would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Guest

hi,
We are trying to figure out a way of detecting any incoming http request, to
our ASP.NET 2.0 application, if it is coming from our internal network
(intranet) vs from outside of our network(internet). We can get the client
machine's ip from the http request, but is there any way of validating if the
ip is a intranet ip vs. an internet ip? Our intranet is pretty large, spans
over a WAN with multiple subdomains.
Any information/pointer would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

The intranet IP number usually starts with 10, or other selected
number.

Henrik Stidsen

We are trying to figure out a way of detecting any incoming http request, to
our ASP.NET 2.0 application, if it is coming from our internal network
(intranet) vs from outside of our network(internet). We can get the client
machine's ip from the http request, but is there any way of validating if the
ip is a intranet ip vs. an internet ip? Our intranet is pretty large, spans
over a WAN with multiple subdomains.
Any information/pointer would be highly appreciated.

Someone in your organisation should know which IP classes your
networks are using. I would use a list of IP classes and single IP's
(gateways on remote LAN's and the like) and validate against that
list. You could also use write a class to validate if the remote IP is
one that is reserved for LAN use.