    Kind Regards

    Rikesh
    (V.InterDev6.0-SP5/W2K-SP4/SQL2K-SP3)

    rikesh, Jun 1, 2004

  2. rikesh

    Kris Eiben Guest

    AFAIK there are two basic methods.
    1) Server-side. The group is a link to the same page with the group ID
    sent in the querystring. When re-creating the page, check that ID when
    listing the groups - if it matches the current group's ID, display the
    list of members. Note: can only show 1 group's members this way, unless
    you build some method for maintaining state into the page.
    2) Client-side. When the page is created, load the members for each
    group into divs, which all start out hidden. The group is a link that
    runs a javascript function to un-hide the correct div. Google for
    code - there are many examples out there - or follow up in a client-side
    newsgroup.

    Kris

    "rikesh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a table, which is bound to a database, how would I go about,

    making
    > fields in one column, so that I can drill down on them. For example,

    I have
    > a column of Groups, and I wish to click on a group and see the members

    in

    Kris Eiben, Jun 1, 2004

  3. rikesh

    rikesh Guest

    Cheers Kris

    Thanks very much for you reply.

    I was hoping to open up a new window displaying members of the group,
    however, this may be more difficult???

    rikesh, Jun 1, 2004
  4. rikesh

    Kris Eiben Guest

    Nah, it's just as easy. Make a new page that takes a group ID in the
    querystring and displays all members of that group. Make each group a
    link to that page that opens in a new window (such as <a
    target="_new">), with that group ID in the querystring.

    Note: IIRC each link will open into the same window unless you name the
    target windows differently -- maybe use the group name or ID as the
    target name (instead of "_new") if you want the user to be able to have
    multiple member lists open at once.

    Kris Eiben, Jun 1, 2004
  5. rikesh

    rikesh Guest

    Cheers Kris, I 'll give it a try tonight, thanks for you help.

    rikesh, Jun 1, 2004