Dynamic reports

Diego F.

Is it possible to generate dynamic reports with Crystal? I'm having problems
printing a datagrid because the last line of each page gets cut, so I was
thinking of using Crystal. I want to simply pass the datasource of the
datagrid and then get the report. Is that possible?

bradley

For the best flexability and control of the output, just write your own
class for wraping html around a dataset.

bradley

As far as I know, Crystal's ability to auto format a report simply by
passing a reference to a dataset is limited or not at all. The amount of
effort it would take to use Crystal would be more than the effort to just
re-display the grid data in flat HTML and let the user click the Print
button. To pursue the Crystal option more, try microsoft.public.vb.crystal.

Diego F.

More or less it's the way I've done that. I put a javascript function in the
aspx page, so in runtime is html with javascript. The problem is the same
with other html table: it doesn't respect the end of the page.