dynamic WSDL - soap:address location ssl problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by TJ, Jan 5, 2009.

  1. TJ

    TJ Guest

    I have a .net 1.1 web service that should only be available via ssl.
    e.g. https://www.mydomain.com/MyWebService/Service.asmx

    It's on a win2k3 sp2 box that's unsecure, though, and the ssl only kicks in
    via a Cisco ACE module.
    The web service shows up fine, but the soap:address location attribute still
    states just http://, not https:// like this:
    <soap:address location=http://www.mydomain.com/MyWebService/Service.asmx />
    This, btw, is the value you see when you view the WSDL from a browser:
    http://www.mydomain.com/MyWebService/Service.asmx?WSDL

    Is there a way to get this value to switch to https dynamically? I've tried
    tweaking the Secure Communications value under the Directory Security tab in
    web service's application in IIS, but to no avail.

    Thanks in advance for any tips.

    -T

    TJ, Jan 5, 2009