Eclipse+Glassfish & Dynamic Reloading

Patrick

Hello,

We just started to use Glassfish as a local developer-environment for
developing standard J2EE applications.
We have one application where the server startup-time is about 3-4
minutes, so a server restart is something we try to avoid.

Does anyone have a working configuration with Eclipse+Glassfish, where
it is not necessary to restart the server after a code change/ a jsp
change.

We tried the eclipse-glassfish plugin, but whenever we change one
file, the plugin republishes & restarts the server.

any help appreciated,
regards,
Patrick

sp

Hello,

We just started to use Glassfish as a local developer-environment for
developing standard J2EE applications. We have one application where the
server startup-time is about 3-4 minutes, so a server restart is
something we try to avoid.

Does anyone have a working configuration with Eclipse+Glassfish, where
it is not necessary to restart the server after a code change/ a jsp
change.

We tried the eclipse-glassfish plugin, but whenever we change one file,
the plugin republishes & restarts the server.

any help appreciated,
regards,
Patrick

we have the same issue; our application EAR is quite large because of
lots of static content that we embed within.

keep the size of your EAR small if possible; when publishing, the whole
EAR gets rebuilt from your workspace.

so the smaller the EAR, the shorter the publish.

be we have not been able to deploy just the one changed class/jsp when
publishing.

we'd like a solution too; have not yet found one; we have the
workaround of not including the non-functional jsp's.

IBM's RAD tool does incremental deploy with most code changes, but at a $
price.