    EJBs, eclipse or netbeans?

    6. Which is the best in terms of developing java server pages or JSPs,
    eclipse or netbeans?
    Richie, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Richie

    David Segall Guest

    "Richie" <> wrote:

    >I trying decide which java IDE to use. I want to hear from other
    >programmer's opinions.

    We would all like to have an objective opinion on this point but it is
    unlikely that anybody actually uses all (or even both) of them. I have
    provide a "complete" list of IDE's at http://ide.profectus.com.au. I
    use NetBeans and have answered your questions accordingly.

    >1. Which has the best support, eclipse or netbeans?

    The NetBeans mailing list is monitored by the developers and I have
    not observed an unanswered question. That does not mean that there are
    none and it certainly does not mean that it is superior to the Eclipse
    equivalent since I don't follow it.
    >2. Which is easy to use and has a low learning curve, eclipse or
    >netbeans?

    I don't know but I did settle on NetBeans when I started partly
    because it seemed to more closely resemble the Visual Basic IDE that I
    was used to. The answer should be Eclipse because it is simpler "out
    of the box" than NetBeans.

    >3. Which is the best in terms of developing plug-ins for the IDE,
    >eclipse or netbeans?
    >
    >4. Which has the best visual editor, eclipse or netbeans?

    I think I can say, definitely NetBeans. Version 5 includes a new
    visual editor
    <http://www.netbeans.org/community/releases/50/index.html#matisse>.
    The new visual editor required a new layout manager but, because
    NetBeans is sponsored by Sun, it is likely that the new layout manager
    will become a standard Swing component.

    >5.. Which is the best in terms of developing enterprise java beans or
    >EJBs, eclipse or netbeans?
    >
    >6. Which is the best in terms of developing java server pages or JSPs,
    >eclipse or netbeans?

    NetBeans comes with support for EJB's and other web based technologies
    including JSP, JSF and JSTL. I believe that Eclipse has plug-ins for
    them and they may be better then NetBeans.
    David Segall, Feb 14, 2006

  3. On 14.02.2006 16:25 David Segall wrote:
    >> 6. Which is the best in terms of developing java server pages or JSPs,
    >> eclipse or netbeans?

    > NetBeans comes with support for EJB's and other web based technologies
    > including JSP, JSF and JSTL. I believe that Eclipse has plug-ins for
    > them and they may be better then NetBeans.

    I personally find it a pain to install the correct plugins for Eclipse
    supporting JSP, EJB's etc. There are several out there and the last time
    I tried it (two months ago or so), the download for just the JSP plugin
    was twice as big as the whole NetBeans download.

    Thomas

    --
    It's not a RootKit - it's a Sony
    Thomas Kellerer, Feb 14, 2006
  4. Richie

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 13 Feb 2006 10:20:12 -0800, "Richie" <>

    >1. Which has the best support, eclipse or netbeans?

    Which makes the best wife? quiet or vivacious?
    blond or red head?

    try dating! Only you know what you like.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Feb 14, 2006
  5. Richie