    autostart="true"></embed>

    Thanks,
    Robert Scheer
    Robert Scheer, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Robert Scheer

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Aug 2, 2004

  3. (Robert Scheer) wrote:

    > My site uses the embed tag to play some sounds. All my customers are
    > using the site without problems except one of them.

    Then they are either special kind of people, or the tag does not actually
    "work" for them.

    > This particular
    > customer says that one of the sounds of the page won't play,

    Some people might say this is the thing that is _not_ a problem.

    > The tag I have is:
    > <embed src="Sounds/Buzzer.wav" height="0" width="0"
    > autostart="true"></embed>

    Do you expect us to be able to access the actual page and the actual wav
    file with this information, or shall we engage our ESP now?

    The good old rule (for noise/sound/music on the Web) is "link, don't
    embed". Set up a normal link, with descriptive link text. This may or may
    not fix the problem that the individual has, but it'll fix some other
    problems anyway.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 2, 2004