    Can't browse internet in general from emulator.

    How do I setup the emulator so I can test mobile web apps I am developing?

    John

    John, Feb 24, 2005

  2. John

    Beige Bond Guest

    I downloaded the Win CE emulator v 5.0 from Msft -- not sure that's the same
    one you're talking about, but...

    You may have to configure the net connection. Start the browser in the
    emulator and choose Tools>Options>Connection.

    If that's OK, then you should be able to browse to public sites like
    www.cnn.com.

    If that works, then make sure the site you are developing is available for
    public browsing. On XP Pro/SP2 I think that's disabled by the firewall. Make
    sure Port 80 is open and check the site settings in IIS (make sure you
    enable Windows Authentication for the site in IIS).

    And...good luck!

    Beige Bond, Mar 1, 2005