Error creating web-reference to a webservice running under SSL

Friso Wiskerke

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a web-reference in my winapp. to a webservice which is
running under SSL. The URL requires a client certificate, which I've
installed. When I call the URL in a IE browser the service responds ok
(after selecting the appropriate certificate in a popup).

However when I want to add the web-reference to my Winapp (VB.NET) and enter
the same URL in the dialog-window I receive the error: "The proxy settings
on this computer are not configured correctly for web discovery. Click the
Help button for more information.".

So I've configured my proxy-settings correctly but then I'm rewarded with
the following error: "There was an error downloading '<wevservice URL>'. The
underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel for
SSL/TLS.". I've also tried adding "?wsdl" at the end of the URL but the same
error comes back.

How do I add the web-reference?
Can anyone help me?

TIA
Friso Wiskerke

Ranga

Hi All,
i want to use a font which is in server side but not in the
client side in my web application. (it should be no need to download
the font by the user) Is there a way to embed a font to a control
like in flash.
i will kindly request your reply for that.

ranga..

Rodrigo García

Hi.

I don't know why you can't add the web reference, but you could get the
proxy class just by invoking wsdl.exe with the wsdl of the webservice. Browse
to the webservice and download the wsdl document. Use it with wsdl.exe to get
the proxy class.

Regards.