Error when attempting to connect to VS.net 2003 ASP.NET

Daniel O'Connell

BACKGROUND:

I have installed VS.NET on a WIN2003 Enterprise Server
test environment running IIS 6.0 I have also Office 2003
Installed on this instance with FP2003 Server Extensions
installed.

PROBLEM:

When I enter VS.NET 2003 and click on New ASP.NET
application I recieve the following error:

"Visual Studio.Net has detected that the specified Web
server is not running ASP.NET 1.1. You will be unable to
run ASP.NET Web Applications or Services"

I have installed the full instance of VS.NET Enterprise
Architect with no errors. I have also verified that the
server extensions are for ASP.NET v1.1.4322

Daniel O'Connell

I have fixed the issue described bellow, turns out that in
Windows 2003 Server you must install the ASP.NET service.
Once that was done all seems to work correctly.