expand and collapse regions

Guest

Hi,

New to asp.net, and using vb.net behind code.

I want to have a basic page with some areas of the page, that I can collapse
and expand so that I can hide or display sections of my web page. Each
section will contain other controls that will mainly display static data.

Is this an out of the box or standard asp/vb.net function, or do I need to
get a customer web control?

Thanks

CJM

Is this an out of the box or standard asp/vb.net function, or do I need to
get a customer web control?

It's more a question of which box to get it out of...

It's a UI issue therefore you need some javascript. You could code it
yourself, or if you want to make it easier, pick one of the billion code
snippets around that will do similar things.
However, if you want to take a real step forward, I'd start to get to grips
with AJAX or one of the many good javascript frameworks out there (jQuery,
Prototype, Mootools, Scriptaculous...etc).

Personally, I'm using ASP.NET AJAX. OK, AJAX is more than just fancy
javascript effects, so I need it anyway, but the kit also includes the AJAX
Component Toolkit which includes control extenders such as the Accordion or
CollapsiblePanel

See:
-
http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/CollapsiblePanel/CollapsiblePanel.aspx