    table properly?

    Regards
    Jean-Francois Michaud

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?=, Jun 28, 2006

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Jean-Fran├žois Michaud wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I'm having a little issue with tables. I want to align it according to
    > the left indent, but if the table is too wide, I want to fall back on a
    > right align. How do I detect if an error occured so I can output the
    > table properly?

    What software (editor) are you using?
    What XML document type are you using (name of the DTD or Schema)?
    What table model does it use (HTML, DocBook, SAS...)?

    ///Peter
    --
    XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/

    Peter Flynn, Jul 3, 2006

  3. I'm transforming XML + XSLT to PostScript through RenderX XEP 4.6. The
    XSLT uses some RenderX specific extensions when dealing with revision
    indicators.

    The editor used is open-source VEX using a custom DTD and CSS.

    The tables get rendered properly when .ps is transformed to .pdf, we
    have all the information needed in the custom table model we use to
    render tables correctly. The issue is more with the layout engine and
    XSLT it seems to me.

    I fail to see why knowing which table model is used is relevant in the
    context of a mechanism being available to output tables properly if
    they happen to overflow on the right margin because they are indent
    aligned.

    I basically need an error catch mechanism of sort or some similar
    process to output tables right aligned instead of indent aligned if
    indent align overflows on the right margin.

    Regards
    Jean-Francois Michaud

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?=, Jul 4, 2006