Farewell CUJ

Victor Bazarov

Ben said:
Victor said:
puzzlecracker said:
Dave wrote:
[..]
So, how long before the void is filled by some entrepreneurial
soul from comp.lang.c++?

to find answers to this question you need to look at C++ is DEAD
topic (recent one), even bjorne commented something ....

It's "Dr. Stroustrup" to you.

Is that because he can't spell "Bjarne"?

If writing Dr. Stroustrup's name from a small letter constitutes
misspelling, then yes, becasue he can't spell. To me it also reeks
of disrespect.

Ben Pope

Victor said:
Ben said:
Victor said:
puzzlecracker wrote:
Dave wrote:
[..]
So, how long before the void is filled by some entrepreneurial
soul from comp.lang.c++?

to find answers to this question you need to look at C++ is DEAD
topic (recent one), even bjorne commented something ....

It's "Dr. Stroustrup" to you.
Is that because he can't spell "Bjarne"?

If writing Dr. Stroustrup's name from a small letter constitutes
misspelling, then yes, becasue he can't spell. To me it also reeks
of disrespect.

I was actually referring to the 'o', which should have been an 'a'.

Dr. Stroustrup refers to himself as "bjarne" in the from field of his
posting, and "Bjarne Stroustrup" in his sig.

I don't think it unreasonable or disrespectful to not use Dr., although
misspelling his name is.

Ben Pope