Force a new SessionId

Guest

Hi,

Is there a way, I can get a new sessionid without user closing the browser
window?

I have a webpage, which logs user input and sessionid. If the user does not
close the browser and if someone else uses the same browser window, I can not
differentiate between different user inputs, because the sessionid is same.

Is there a way, I can force a new sessionid, when a certain page is viewed?

Thanx

Curt_C [MVP]

dotnettester said:
Hi,

Is there a way, I can get a new sessionid without user closing the browser
window?

I have a webpage, which logs user input and sessionid. If the user does not
close the browser and if someone else uses the same browser window, I can not
differentiate between different user inputs, because the sessionid is same.

Is there a way, I can force a new sessionid, when a certain page is viewed?

Thanx

You could try a Session.Abandon and then redirect to the page... not
sure but it might work

Guest

Well, abondoning the session changes
Session.IsNewSession but the sessionid remains same.

:(