Forum for Microsoft .NET PetShop Sample

eAW

Is there any forum for Microsoft .NET Petshop sample? I have problems
running the v 3.1 sample downloaded from Microsoft.

The error message is:

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the
registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PetShop.BLL.Account is denied.

Source File: C:\NAS\Dev\NET\PetShop\Web\ProcessFlow\CartController.cs
Line: 90
Line 90: OrderInsert order = new OrderInsert();

TIA. Please reply to the group.

Guest

This means one of two things:

1. The user account you are running under does not have rights to the
registry, or at least the registry key in question. This can be cured from
Regedt32.exe and giving rights to the account you are running under.

2. The machine.config does not allow .NET users access to the registry. This
is most common under Windows Server 2003. If so, you have to edit the
machine.config to allow this access.

NOTE: It is possible you may have to do both.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!