Fosdem : Developers Room, Presence

Thomas Riboulet

hi everyone,

This mail will mostly interest europeans Rubyists/Railists, but others
are welcome to read it, answer and participate too :)

In next February the Sixth Fosdem (Free and OpenSource Developers'
European Meeting) will be held in Brussels, Belgium. Like each year
there is some special rooms for projects/communities (mozilla, drupal,
kde, gnome, python, openbsd, perl, linux, ...). A call for presence
has been made for next year :
http://www.fosdem.org/index/press/devrooms_call_for_presence_2006 to
allow projects and communities to book a room.

Ruby and Rails are becoming more and more popular in Europe so I think
it could be great to have a developer room to allow lot of Rubyist to
see irl and talk/work/hack/whatever.

If nobody is already planning something (I didn't see anything in the
archives I can manage the thing receive emails and do the
communication with the Fosdem's guys.
For a start a wiki with few pages could do the thing and allow
everyone to tell when they want to come and if they want to do
something.

So I got few questions :
- is there anyone already planning something for Ruby or/and Rails ?
- who could be interested in : doing talks, just coming to hack, etc ... ?
- who plans to go to the fosdem ?

As explained in the Fosdem Call for Presence we could book a room to
allow us to have a rendez vous point, a place to idle, talk, hack, etc
... but for that we need to have decided if :
- we want a room
- we want a room for half a day, a whole day, the two days ?
- how many we are going to be

So ? What do you think ?
Any help, and remarks are welcomed.