From Frames to no frames?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Powerslave2112, Jan 20, 2004.

  1. My site (shameless plug http://home.carolina.rr.com/kirschfamily) has frames
    (one contents frame, and then a target frame). If I want to link to a page
    (either within my site or outside it) that has no frames, how do I do that
    since every link in the contents side will open up in the main side. I tried
    to remove the target tag, bu tthat just opens it up on the contents side.
    TIA 4 any help

    Stephan

    Powerslave2112, Jan 20, 2004

  2. In article <oQhPb.28385$>,
    says...
    > My site (shameless plug http://home.carolina.rr.com/kirschfamily) has frames
    > (one contents frame, and then a target frame). If I want to link to a page
    > (either within my site or outside it) that has no frames, how do I do that
    > since every link in the contents side will open up in the main side. I tried
    > to remove the target tag, bu tthat just opens it up on the contents side.
    > TIA 4 any help

    target="_top"

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Powerslave2112

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:eek:QhPb.28385$>
    "Powerslave2112" <> said:

    > My site http://home.carolina.rr.com/kirschfamily has frames

    you should remove the frames. you haven't got a reason to use them and
    every reason to remove them.

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
    http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/

    heres a quick php example of sticking a common file (menu.txt) in
    multiple pages:

    source of the actual php page:
    http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/include-menu-thingy.phps

    <?include 'menu.txt';?> is used to include the contents of the menu.txt
    file in the page.

    the menu.txt file:
    http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/menu.txt

    putting it together:
    http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/include-menu-thingy.php

    when someone visits the page the server has a look at the page and
    replaces <?include 'menu.txt';?> with the contents of the menu.txt file
    and then sends the page to the visitor.

    other methods: http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude