Gem instal error

Benjohn Barnes

I'm trying to instal a couple of gems this morning. Here's a log...
Tarragon:/Users/benjohn root# gem instal wirble
ERROR: While executing gem ... (SocketError)
getaddrinfo: No address associated with nodename

I'm guessing that the gem server is down, but I don't know how I'd go
about checking this. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Benjohn

Miron Tewfik

Benjohn said:
I'm trying to instal a couple of gems this morning. Here's a log...

I'm guessing that the gem server is down, but I don't know how I'd go
about checking this. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Benjohn

I had the same error with ruby 1.8.5. ruby 1.8.4 works fine.

Benjohn Barnes

Benjohn said:
I'm trying to instal a couple of gems this morning. Here's a log...

I'm guessing that the gem server is down, but I don't know how I'd go
about checking this. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Benjohn

I had the same error with ruby 1.8.5. ruby 1.8.4 works fine.
Hmmm....

benjohn # ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [powerpc-darwin8.0]
benjohn # gem -v
0.9.0

Oooh - working now :) I guess the gem server was down (or my link
was)? In which case a nicer error would be helpful.