    Server. Okay, so once I find that, how do I begin: are there
    templates? Where do I begin writing code?

    Thanks.

    Titanus, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Titanus wrote:
    > I am running MS on a Dell PC and I want to get started writing C++
    > code. Only thing I can find about how to get started is to find MS
    > SQL Server. Okay, so once I find that, how do I begin: are there
    > templates? Where do I begin writing code?

    I think you need to fire up the IDE and then start a new project. For
    more information on how to use MS Visual Studio, please refer to their
    manual or to the newsgroup: microsoft.public.vc.ide_general.

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Titanus

    Matt Guest

    Titanus wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am running MS on a Dell PC and I want to get started writing C++
    > code. Only thing I can find about how to get started is to find MS SQL
    > Server. Okay, so once I find that, how do I begin: are there
    > templates? Where do I begin writing code?
    >
    > Thanks.

    The Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition with the Microsoft Platform SDK are
    sufficient under Windows XP.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

    Matt, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Titanus

    benben Guest

    Titanus wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am running MS on a Dell PC and I want to get started writing C++
    > code. Only thing I can find about how to get started is to find MS SQL
    > Server. Okay, so once I find that, how do I begin: are there
    > templates? Where do I begin writing code?
    >
    > Thanks.

    So why do you need SQL server to run C++? If you are barely starting
    writing C++ code you shouldn't touch database programs (yet); if you are
    starting writing C++ code dealing with databases, well, hmmm, you
    shouldn't be asking in this group :)

    People usually write C++ code in a text editor (standalone or part of an
    IDE)

    Regards,
    Ben

    benben, Apr 29, 2006