    so that not a problem.

    Thanks in Advance
    Tim

    Tim M, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Tim M

    Ray at Guest

    It all depends on the mail client that the recipient is using. If you
    e-mail someone who's using PINE, that certainly won't work. Just send a
    link and use a web page. I know this is not what you want to do, but trying
    to use e-mail for such purposes would only generate problems.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Tim,
    First, I agree with Ray,....but I think you misunderstand a few
    things that could bite you later.

    If the user clicks a "submit" button in a web form in an email it is
    not going to send the email. It is going to post the data to the
    "target" of the form the same way it would if done in a browser to
    begin with,...there is no difference. The e-mail client's view/edit
    window effectively just becomes a "browser" when the email is in HTML
    format.

    Firewalls & Security
    There are no real issues with Forms & ASP when using Firewalls.
    The only thing sent from the client is the "data" from the form which
    is generally just text. The only thing received by the client is the
    resulting html page generated after the submit. Everything else runs
    only on the web server,...that's what ASP is all about, it is all
    server-side.

    --

    Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]

    WAND-TV (ABC Affiliate)