    document. Any suggestions,
    Thanks,
    Erin
    XmlAdoNewbie, Nov 26, 2004

  2. XmlAdoNewbie

    Scott Allen Guest

    Erin:

    The request only passes through events in global.asax for files that
    are mapped to the asp.net runtime (.aspx, .asmx, etc).

    What you could do is map other document types to the ASP.NET ISAPI
    dll. This is done in the script mappings of IIS (in the MMC, right
    click on the site, go to the Home Directory tab, click on
    Configuration. You'll want to mimic the .ASPX settings to send .doc or
    ..xls, etc files to aspnet_isapi.dll.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/