Global.asax and sharepoint

XmlAdoNewbie

Hi All,
I am trying to log information into a database from sharepoint using
the methods inside the global.asax file. Specifically what i am trying
to do is retrieve the URL of a document when i click on that document
however i can't find a method within Global that fires when a user
clicks on a document, currently i am using
APplication_AuthenticateRequest and this works fine for getting all
the other infor i need but it doesn't fire when i actually click on a
document. Any suggestions,
Thanks,
Erin

Scott Allen

Erin:

The request only passes through events in global.asax for files that
are mapped to the asp.net runtime (.aspx, .asmx, etc).

What you could do is map other document types to the ASP.NET ISAPI
dll. This is done in the script mappings of IIS (in the MMC, right
click on the site, go to the Home Directory tab, click on
Configuration. You'll want to mimic the .ASPX settings to send .doc or
..xls, etc files to aspnet_isapi.dll.