Good, Cheap .NET/SQLServer Web hosting?

Tina

I'm looking for a webhoster for my new website that will have a few demo
asp.net/SQLServer apps, web services, etc.

Looking around I find there are quite a few but they want to charge a lot if
they have to support SQL Server. Does anyone know of someone good and
economical that will support a small SQL Server DB?

Thanks,

Mark Rae

Tina said:
I'm looking for a webhoster for my new website that will have a few demo
asp.net/SQLServer apps, web services, etc.

Looking around I find there are quite a few but they want to charge a lot
if they have to support SQL Server. Does anyone know of someone good and
economical that will support a small SQL Server DB?

http://www.hostinguk.net

Victor

Hi,

I would like to warn people away from BoundGrid.net. They really took me
and my company for a ride on billing, charging us some 3 times what they
were charging others for the same services. When we caught them at this
they insisted that the other were on a different plan than we were. We
said OK, put us on the same plan with the others, and they refused. We
finally took our business elsewhere, and are still waiting for the
cancellation refund.

JC

Guest

Or you can do what I recently did and I had my ISP get me a static IP address
and I am hosting my own site (they actually gave me 5 and it costs about $20
more per month than I usually pay). Probably not the best way to do it right
now, but I have SQL Server, Visual Studio 2005 and the web running all on the
same machine.

However, I have greater control over what happens. If my site is down it is
my own fault and then I also do not have to work with a hosting company.

Mark Rae

Or you can do what I recently did and I had my ISP get me a static IP
address

I've got several of those from HostingUK.
but I have SQL Server, Visual Studio 2005 and the web running all on the
same machine.

I've got my development machines at home, and HostingUK provide the ASP.NET
hosting (v1.1 & v2.0) & SQL Server 2000 - they're just in the process of
offering SQL Server 2005 + Reporting Services. They also provide SharePoint,
though I don't currently use that.
However, I have greater control over what happens. If my site is down it
is
my own fault and then I also do not have to work with a hosting company.

I'm not in the business of being an ISP - I've never experienced any
unscheduled outage with HostingUK in all the time that I've used them,
because that's the business that they're in...

Horses for courses, I guess...