Gridview Row Height in Opera

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Phil Johnson, Mar 18, 2008.

  1. Phil Johnson

    Phil Johnson Guest

    Hi,

    I have a gridview and I need it to display correctly in Opera.

    I need to set the row height, so that even on the last page of data all the
    rows are the same height as on the other pages.

    In IE and firefox, setting a height in the rowstyle of the gridview and not
    setting any height on the grid works really well... exactly what I need.

    In Opera though, the row heights don't get set and the header row displays
    with the same height as all the rows put together, pushing the rows down.

    The only way I can get the grid to display at the correct size in Opera is
    to leave the height off the row and set a height on the grid, which is fine
    for everything except the last page, where the rows expand in height to fill
    the grid!!!

    Does anybody have any ideas on how I can resolve this issue in Opera?

    --
    Regards,

    Phillip Johnson (MCSD For .NET)
    PJ Software Development
    www.pjsoftwaredevelopment.com

    Phil Johnson, Mar 18, 2008

  2. Phil Johnson

    Manish Guest

    Hi Phil,

    Try to set the Height in the RowStyle as well as HeaderStyle and also
    alternatingRowStyle and it would work fine. I tried in the 8.5 version of the
    Opera browser and it shows up fine.

    Regards,
    Manish
    www.ComponentOne.com

    Manish, Mar 19, 2008

  3. Phil Johnson

    Phil Johnson Guest

    Thanks for the response Manish... I tried your suggestion and it's still just
    displaying the rows in Opera at their minimum height (i.e. as it would in IE
    without a grid height or row height set).

    It could well be inheriting a style from a containing control or
    something... bit of a pain... I was hoping it would display the same in
    Firefox so I could narrow down the issue with firebug, but firefox is
    behaving like IE.

    I have resolved it with a hack and put a 1 pixcel gif spacer image in a
    template column, setting the height on the spacer to 18px and the width to
    1px.

    Its working fine now, but its going to be a nightmare for other people to
    work on it and try to change the row height.

    Phil Johnson, Mar 19, 2008